GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you think of the facelift?

Do you like the look of the facelift Golf?

• Love it

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Its okay

Votes: 32 61.5%
  • Oh dear..

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
If you search through the used cars on the VW UK website there's a few facelift golfs starting to appear. Ok, theres loads of clips on youtube that are framed to make the car look its best but ive got to say, looking at the used car pics Im really not sure.

So, what do you think?

Last edited:

Lane One

Passed Driver's Ed
I have not seen a GTD/I/R in the flesh yet, only an SE. I think it's a bit too soft/subtle.

Like the new tech avaiable inside though.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
They seem to have dropped the front fog lights from the GTI (and GTD) for the UK market. I don't often use the front fogs on my car, but the absence of these on the GTl and GTD models IMO is penny pinching by VW and from an aesthetic point of view, makes the car look incomplete from the front.

I know the cost of Dieselgate needs to be funded from somewhere, but it seems a bit strange and miserly to delete these when they've been a feature of the GTI since at least the mk3 Golf GTI.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Looks Meh, to me. Front looks like every other Audi out there and no distinctiveness now, rear light personally I think look a mess. I have not liked any of the virtual dashboards I have tried so far, I like the physical dials as they are there to do one job. The centre screen is all you need for anything else.

MIKE PP.

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf R.
They seem to have dropped the front fog lights from the GTI (and GTD) for the UK market. I don't often use the front fogs on my car, but the absence of these on the GTl and GTD models IMO is penny pinching by VW and from an aesthetic point of view, makes the car look incomplete from the front.

I know the cost of Dieselgate needs to be funded from somewhere, but it seems a bit strange and miserly to delete these when they've been a feature of the GTI since at least the mk3 Golf GTI.

The face-lift GTI still has front fog lights.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
The face-lift GTI still has front fog lights.

VW sales and marketing literature suggests it does have front fog lights, so does the configurator, but actual cars that have been built and are at dealers premises don't have any!

Lane One

Passed Driver's Ed
VW sales and marketing literature suggests it does have front fog lights, so does the configurator, but actual cars that have been built and are at dealers premises don't have any!

Something similar happened when early UK mk7s with xenons were delivered. They were missing the LED DRL surrounds and had halogen DRLs instead. They ended up refunding the cost of the xenons.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
i love the front bumpers. lights are growing on me more each time i look at them.