GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Track R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
R
everyone likes motorsport parts let the conversion begin......
AA63B27A-9099-40D9-900C-EE8DC5C3C375.jpeg
2DBB085D-A20B-4F5F-AE7D-C6DEF0B67068.jpeg
BB3414A4-9CCE-4413-B3A2-435C542AE91A.jpeg
887740D4-B37A-4694-A65A-7ACFE57E363C.jpeg
C94D19B4-FA2F-4893-AA39-E2EDE4B4BD7E.jpeg

Last edited:

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Removed the bumper today to fix a weird as leak I couldn’t seem to figure out. That little corner when you pull the carpet back would get drips of water coming from the body panel causing a super small tiny little pool and make the car humid and muggy. With water testing by placing the outer tail light back on & the bumper removed. I came to the conclusion it was the small outer seals on the tail lights. They were extremely corroded. Ran a hose on the tail light with the new seals and no leak.

IMG_5474.png
IMG_5472.jpeg
IMG_5471.jpeg
IMG_5470.jpeg

Last edited:

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
My coil pack plugs were all jacked up so I replaced them with new ones, installed SC Skunkwerkz grounding kit, and put in some NGK 91006 plugs.

Noticed the tab on one of the coils sheered off so I’m on the look out for a good deal on some coils.

Attachments

• IMG_2764.jpeg
    IMG_2764.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 42

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
it's doable with the factory lock carrier I believe, I've been trying to figure out how to keep the AC condenser and parts with the TCR setup since I live in So-Cal
Get a smaller condenser heat exchanger and move it to the fender with some ducting...?

Less capacity to cool, but without removing it from the ic and rad you'll never get max cool capability for the engine

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
it's doable with the factory lock carrier I believe, I've been trying to figure out how to keep the AC condenser and parts with the TCR setup since I live in So-Cal
Have you looked at the RX7 V mount conversions? The one on that yellow car is very similar to my cousins' set up, but he placed the condenser at the bottom edge of the radiator. Don't know if it would bring any benefit by doing so. I don't know if the Golf has the same amount of real estate as the RX7... He had 2 fans underneath and a stainless expanded metal mesh to prevent any debris from hitting the fans or the bottom of the radiator. He also had the same mesh on the bumper opening as it was a street car to protect the condenser and intercooler.

https://www.rx7club.com/3rd-generation-specific-1993-2002-16/calling-out-all-v-mount-owners-1003629/

1707741251848.png

Back then everything was custom, they have a few kits now. For reference...

https://www.rotary-works.com/RW-KIT-FC-VM

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Have you looked at the RX7 V mount conversions? The one on that yellow car is very similar to my cousins' set up, but he placed the condenser at the bottom edge of the radiator. Don't know if it would bring any benefit by doing so. I don't know if the Golf has the same amount of real estate as the RX7... He had 2 fans underneath and a stainless expanded metal mesh to prevent any debris from hitting the fans or the bottom of the radiator. He also had the same mesh on the bumper opening as it was a street car to protect the condenser and intercooler.

https://www.rx7club.com/3rd-generation-specific-1993-2002-16/calling-out-all-v-mount-owners-1003629/

View attachment 299281

Back then everything was custom, they have a few kits now. For reference...

https://www.rotary-works.com/RW-KIT-FC-VM
Reason I asked in the first place was because the TCR car uses that scoop to evacuate air from the IC.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Reason I asked in the first place was because the TCR car uses that scoop to evacuate air from the IC.
I know... but as he noted, the TCR (the actual track car, not the street version) don't have A/C. I posted the RX7 links because V mounted IC/Radiator/condenser is a common aftermarket upgrade. It was posted as a reference/inspiration on what can be done. I'm sure @Track R is probably familiar with the RX7 set up, but maybe other people here are not.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
I know... but as he noted, the TCR (the actual track car, not the street version) don't have A/C. I posted the RX7 links because V mounted IC/Radiator/condenser is a common aftermarket upgrade. It was posted as a reference/inspiration on what can be done. I'm sure @Track R is probably familiar with the RX7 set up, but maybe other people here are not.
Understood!