swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
That doesn't look safe...
Tell me those pins didn’t back out….
I would say it's definitely not safe. I've been driving the ever reliable 2006 Corolla since hearing the noise... I don't play around with brake noise, haha.

To be honest I don't know. I have to think I didn't hammer them in all the way on this caliper. Although I can't imagine why 🧐.

I've had the brakes on for at least a year and didn't have any noise until about 2 weeks ago. Maybe they weren't in all the way and finally popped out.

I did pull the other wheel off to check and those pins were fine.

VAG Parts Bin

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
97 GTI & 17 R
Now my F'ing driver's side door won't latch shut. Any advice?

My R had the same issue back in December when we had the subzero weather - the passenger side door was frozen shut then wouldn't latch closed once I was finally able to get it open. You would close the door and it would just pop open again since it wasn't latching. I was able to get it to work again by working the inside handle along with the lock/unlock button.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Did my annual oil change,
Annual oil change... I wish. I change the oil every 5-7K depending on use and that ends up being ~ every 3 months. I may build a small pallet and send all the oil back to FCP at the same time to get my refund.
This tornado attachment is the best tool I’ve ever used for interior cleaning. Idk if I’m using it as intended, but I open all the doors and blow all the crap out and it works. View attachment 271626
You have discovered one of the detailers "secret". I have 4 of those, one for doing what you just did, a second one for blowing polish out of the buffing pads, a Tornador Black that I use with ONR to clean the interior of the car, and a regular Tornador that I use with APC when cleaning hard to reach areas that the brush don't fit in.

Since I haven't wired my compressor after the move I have been using my BigBoi Blower Mini+ to blow the interior of the car prior to vacuum. Not the same, but helps.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Made it a little closer to a Rabbit Edition, snazzy mirror caps and sequential turn signals. I was skeptical about both (being from AliExpress) but the fit is actually very good -- the mirror caps were rather rude to put in, the fit was ungodly tight -- but no rattles, no broken clips, and they look good.

Attachments

• 20230128_155550.jpg
    20230128_155550.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 29

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
ALiExpress - they are on my shit list right now. At least someone gets their stuff from them.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
ALiExpress - they are on my shit list right now. At least someone gets their stuff from them.
What's the story there? It seems like it's basically just Amazon/Ebay with less big-name sellers, so I think I got lucky that my stuff has generally arrived and been packed decently.

I saw a $200 downpipe there for the mk7, but I can't imagine it not vibrating itself to pieces if it isn't made of plastic/doesn't melt itself shut first.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
What's the story there? It seems like it's basically just Amazon/Ebay with less big-name sellers, so I think I got lucky that my stuff has generally arrived and been packed decently.

I saw a $200 downpipe there for the mk7, but I can't imagine it not vibrating itself to pieces if it isn't made of plastic/doesn't melt itself shut first.
So there is a place called AINAVI that makes an aftermarket radio/multimedia screen that works with the MK7 platform. I got the unit on the cheap from another member here. Since my car is Fender audio equipped, I need the extension harness that allows connection over to the brain unit in the glove box. Problem is AINAVI ships through ALIExpress. ALiExpress has had my correct address for a while now, and used to get stuff no problem. Yesterday was order #3 for this harness, except this time, my g/f ordered it in her name and used a different address. I might get that one, but the first one made it all the way to my town, gets flagged incomplete address, and gets sent back to China. Second one I used a friends address and got instant-refunded the next day. Not sure what is going on with them but a close friend of mine, his dad is manager or something with the USPS. He looked up the tracking number of the first one, and somehow got the info that the package did indeed have the right address, except the box was empty? My question is why was it even opened ? The carrier notes that were shown via the tracking was "undeliverable address." Shady stuff going on, maybe idk. Weird thing is AINAVI says they have not received the package back and what is weirder yet, is a couple days after the package first showed as undeliverable, my g/f went up to the post office and talked to a manager there, he told her that since the address was incomplete, the package was thrown away, and that is standard USPS protocol? Ok, HOW did that manager know about that specific package being thrown away? I also have confirmation of what address AINAVI put on the package, and it is indeed correct and complete.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
So there is a place called AINAVI that makes an aftermarket radio/multimedia screen that works with the MK7 platform. I got the unit on the cheap from another member here. Since my car is Fender audio equipped, I need the extension harness that allows connection over to the brain unit in the glove box. Problem is AINAVI ships through ALIExpress. ALiExpress has had my correct address for a while now, and used to get stuff no problem. Yesterday was order #3 for this harness, except this time, my g/f ordered it in her name and used a different address. I might get that one, but the first one made it all the way to my town, gets flagged incomplete address, and gets sent back to China. Second one I used a friends address and got instant-refunded the next day. Not sure what is going on with them but a close friend of mine, his dad is manager or something with the USPS. He looked up the tracking number of the first one, and somehow got the info that the package did indeed have the right address, except the box was empty? My question is why was it even opened ? The carrier notes that were shown via the tracking was "undeliverable address." Shady stuff going on, maybe idk. Weird thing is AINAVI says they have not received the package back and what is weirder yet, is a couple days after the package first showed as undeliverable, my g/f went up to the post office and talked to a manager there, he told her that since the address was incomplete, the package was thrown away, and that is standard USPS protocol? Ok, HOW did that manager know about that specific package being thrown away? I also have confirmation of what address AINAVI put on the package, and it is indeed correct and complete.
Yeah, that sounds like a whole lot of weird stuff happening at once. Tampering with mail is a huge no-no, throwing away a package also does not sound like standard USPS behavior (not that I'm an expert or anything).

I dunno what's going on, but hopefully it gets sorted out for you.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Yeah, that sounds like a whole lot of weird stuff happening at once. Tampering with mail is a huge no-no, throwing away a package also does not sound like standard USPS behavior (not that I'm an expert or anything).

I dunno what's going on, but hopefully it gets sorted out for you.
Well if I don't get this 3rd harness, I guess I will be making one.