GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Sewer Jetter Kit for Pressure Washer 100FT, Newest 5800PSI Drain Cleaner Hose 1/4 Inch NPT Corner, Rotating and Button Hose Sewer Jetting Nozzle Pearl Corsage Pin Waterproof Tape with 2 Spanner https://a.co/d/d9oqcCZ

I think I would destroy my house with that & probably neighbor's too

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Nah. I'm useless when it comes to this stuff. I mean a clogged kitchen sink was like 2 hours of research, trips to Home Depot & Harbor Freight & 4 hours of work.
Yeah, but that (and your other post going into details) means that you learned something, and that's rad.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Drove her for the first time in like 3 days, which is a long time for me. WFH about to have me saving serious money on the gas budget 😆
tell me about it......WFH for last 3 years, saving me 350 miles/week....do the math on that one. Now that I'm back I've done more oil changes than I did the last 3 years

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Drove her for the first time in like 3 days, which is a long time for me. WFH about to have me saving serious money on the gas budget 😆
Same… last time I filled up was January 6th and I still have 1/3 of a tank left.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
I drive Like 5 miles total each day unless I’m running errands - i try To get the oil up to temp before i shut her down though

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Another small one....Euro tinted aspherical side-view mirros. Ebay. $45.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/284069393848

20230125_115125.jpg

20230125_115135.jpg

20230125_115649.jpg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Long live work from home! My employer knows I'm gone if they ever make me come back. The official policy is 3 days in 2 days out, but nobody is abiding by that and it's not being enforced.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Long live work from home! My employer knows I'm gone if they ever make me come back. The official policy is 3 days in 2 days out, but nobody is abiding by that and it's not being enforced.

I miss WFH, but the employer I was with previously wasn't paying me enough despite their relatively lax policy on being in the office (though officially we were supposed to be there, I was field so I could pretty much come and go as I please). Now on the one hand I have to be in an office, but OTOH I can change it up effectively as I need to/as I see fit, and the pay is far better.

Dammit, I shouldn't be spending more money at the moment BUUUT these were a massive upgrade on my mk4. Guess it's sensible, since I'm doing the mirror caps and turn signals anyway.

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Still fully WFH also. I think I'm averaging less than 6k miles/year on my 2019; still under 20k and have owned it for almost 2.5 years. Traded off gas $ savings to barely driving enough to keep the battery adequately charged lol

I tried these for a couple weeks awhile back; just couldn't get used to it, drove me crazy. Ended up selling them and putting the stocks back on. I know everyone says to give them time but the difference from years of NAR glass was just too much. The tint looks cool, though.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Ordered another AINavi extension harness, since I didn't get the first one and it got sent back to China. This time I used a different address. Also checked on my seat order, they are about 3 weeks out. Along with that verified my parts list for making the seats heated and my list looks like this:

seat back heater driv/pass 5GM963557B (x2) - $126.92
seat cushion heater passenger 5GM963555H - includes sensor - $85.27
seat cushion heater driver 5GM963555C - $92.19
air bag connector 4H0972773 - $8.06
driver seat harness 5GM971391R - $117.70
passenger seat harness 5GM971392AC - $117.70

Think I still need rail sensor? idk. I already made cancellers, so I have 2 of those. My seat brackets are the Wedge 2326's. I could not find a picture anywhere of this actual model number, and wondering how high off the floor do they bring the seat bottom? The sliders are the standard Recaro that work with Sportster CS/GT, so I am good there.

Another item on the agenda is how my harness bar is going to work with mounting. Saw a dude on YT cutting up the trim around the seatbelt anchor. Seems sketch but idk. Also need to order harnesses. Looked at Schroth Racing and Takatas. Easy integration is key here and want to leave the OEM belts in, but use the harness when needed. I think Navi pulled this off IIRC.

All of this is coming together this Spring, or sooner depending on shipping times. I have other crap going on as well that relate to matching the seats. Will probably do one big install weekend once all parts are acquired.

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I've been working from home since 2020, with the occasional business trip when I have to be there for something.

Last time I was in the office I was at lunch with the CFO and we were talking about WFH employees. I told him if he ever tried to bring me back to the office full time I'd leave and I'm pretty sure most others who WFM share my sentiment.