GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I've done it twice and they haven't come out that nice. Good job. Which cover did you use.
Thanks! I went with Loncky but paid extra for alcantara ($130). If I do it again I’ll use a little more 2-sided tape in more places. I only used it on the curves near 3/9 o’clock and at the top middle. The worst part is behind the wheel between the paddles and the wheel. Not perfect but close enough. Hard to keep the stitching static.

haste

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'21 GTI SE, '15 FiST
Drove it for the first time all loaded. Averaged 28mpg with speeds varying between 55-85mph over 240 miles...

IMG_20211226_101708624.jpg

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Pressed out rear trailing arm bushings, installed Powerflex bushings in their place. Also installed the rear coilover setup, new shock mounts, and all new hardware. Will have to wait on the fronts until I get the trans and subframe back in.

FB1B9E5A-8E38-41E5-956D-7AA5C4FCA6A7.jpeg

KMcigam

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI MK7
Happily I've done NOTHING to my MK7 due to the extra long VW warranty... 60 months on a VW is worth a helluva lot more than 60 months on an Accord or Camry.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Finished adding Kilmat to the hatch floor and under the rear seats. Definitely not a hard job, if you’re considering doing it. And $36 of product covered it with double in some areas. So far, it made a noticeable difference in reducing road noise. The question is do I want to go back and add some foam or batting to further quiet it…

Next steps will probably be adding Kilmat to some plastic trim pieces that tend to rattle. The added mass should quiet them down.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Got preapproved for a 2020 GLI. Not sure if I'm going to pull the trigger, but it looks pretty nice..

The Autobahns are nice. Jealous of those cooled & ventilated seats...

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
The Autobahns are nice. Jealous of those cooled & ventilated seats...

That's what this one is. Only a couple thousand miles too. Apparently it was just used by someone at the dealership for the last year before they got something else. Like an extended employee loaner kind of deal.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
That's what this one is. Only a couple thousand miles too. Apparently it was just used by someone at the dealership for the last year before they got something else. Like an extended employee loaner kind of deal.
It’s a steal