GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Looks like Leyland Cypress to me

Yep that’s it lol, that’s her thing I just get to pay for & plant them. Anything evergreen is a pine to me (ignorance).

I’m about to plant eight of them, aka one Golf load so wish me luck haha.

Arborvitae are great. Make sure you keep an eye on them though. If they get a bagworm infestation they will get decimated quickly and won't recover or will and look like shit forever. Almost lost a 10ft tall one last year because I wasn't paying attention to it.

Whatever they’re called she bought a dozen in a tiny box a few years ago & they’re all healthy, but still less than 2’ tall. The little trees growing naturally around them are 4-6’ tall already so I’m hoping they start to catch up soon. Rt321 along the long side of our property (shop driveway side) keeps getting busier so we’re trying to kill road noise.

This x1000. My VWcare 40k service is next Monday. I almost don't even want to turn it in, even though it's already paid for.

They asked about doing the 10k service & I was like nah I did it at 8k already. Just wanted the sunglass holder done, which I’m surprised they agreed to, but whatever better then than me because I couldn’t find the part online.

Also getting an alignment since ACC faults started 20 miles or so AFTER the FMIC installation. They claim it needs a four wheel alignment also, and both get done at the same time which I find hard to believe the wheel alignment part, but the spec sheet will tell.

Figures after dozens of fault free Mk7.5 FMIC installations id draw the short straw on the wife’s car. So all three of our vehicles are broke and she’s really riding my ass about it.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Also getting an alignment since ACC faults started 20 miles or so AFTER the FMIC installation. They claim it needs a four wheel alignment also, and both get done at the same time which I find hard to believe the wheel alignment part, but the spec sheet will tell.
I think there's some liability concerns that require an alignment when resetting ACC whether necessary or not.

Last edited:

Jeremy777

Car(s)
MK7.5 GOLF R
Threw this in the back:

Now I just need to decide which brand I'm going with for the floor mats, I had Weathertech all around in my MK6.
l have this on...but the items are too slippery on this, every time i accelerate the brake or turn, the items in the trunk will slide around.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
l have this on...but the items are too slippery on this, every time i accelerate the brake or turn, the items in the trunk will slide around.
you have two options. cargo net. or cargo blocks. I bought the blocks but they're still in the box. net works amazing.

After 55,000 stock miles I got a stage one tune installed the day I put my snow tires on.
did you wait for the 50,000 because of the warranty? what are your first impressions of stage1 vs stock? apr or eqt and why?
This x1000. My VWcare 40k service is next Monday. I almost don't even want to turn it in, even though it's already paid for.
I learned my lesson with my mk6. every time they gave it back to me, there was an issue with the car that didn't exist before. my mk7 is not going to see one dealer, I don't care what it looks like on the carfax in the future. they can't entice me with free fluid changes. it's condition will speak for itself.

Last edited:

Albee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI
you have two options. cargo net. or cargo blocks. I bought the blocks but they're still in the box. net works amazing.

did you wait for the 50,000 because of the warranty? what are your first impressions of stage1 vs stock? apr or eqt and why?

I learned my lesson with my mk6. every time they gave it back to me, there was an issue with the car that didn't exist before. my mk7 is not going to see one dealer, I don't care what it looks like on the carfax in the future. they can't entice me with free fluid changes. it's condition will speak for itself.
Yeah mostly warranty. Honestly it's run flawlessly for the 4 years I've had it. I figured if it was a lemon it already would be. I went with APR low tourqe 91 octane. I just want a proven set it and forget it tune. It feels very smooth when driving normally. I always felt like first gear was to tall, I struggled to not bog a little when driving slow. Now it feels better from everywhere.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I think there's some liability concerns that require an alignment when resetting ACC whether necessary or not.

Idk, it’s good now and the car is home so it is what it is. All I can say is it looks damn good going down the road in my rear view mirror haha.

Back to planting trees and then maybe look into fixing my car

R0dzilla7

Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Yep that’s it lol, that’s her thing I just get to pay for & plant them. Anything evergreen is a pine to me (ignorance).

I’m about to plant eight of them, aka one Golf load so wish me luck haha.

Whatever they’re called she bought a dozen in a tiny box a few years ago & they’re all healthy, but still less than 2’ tall. The little trees growing naturally around them are 4-6’ tall already so I’m hoping they start to catch up soon. Rt321 along the long side of our property (shop driveway side) keeps getting busier so we’re trying to kill road noise.

They asked about doing the 10k service & I was like nah I did it at 8k already. Just wanted the sunglass holder done, which I’m surprised they agreed to, but whatever better then than me because I couldn’t find the part online.

Figures after dozens of fault free Mk7.5 FMIC installations id draw the short straw on the wife’s car. So all three of our vehicles are broke and she’s really riding my ass about it.
Sunglasses holder? Please elaborate as I’d love it if it actually fit a decent pair of sunglasses. Recall? TSB?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Cries in Floridian. It dipped into the 60s on my way home at 10 tonight. Made it easier to put the hurt on a 392 Charger twice.
Yeah but now that boost weather is here, I hate my Michelin all-seasons. Even on the stock tune I can't put the power down in 2nd. I think it's time to goto summers. And this is the irony of Florida: You need summer tires because of the cold weather in the winter.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Sunglasses holder? Please elaborate as I’d love it if it actually fit a decent pair of sunglasses. Recall? TSB?

I posted a picture way back, I doubt I have it anymore. The sunglass holder by the headlights button broke & they replaced it. According to two different dealerships locally it’s a common issue so they covered it. However my six year old Gti has never had an issue.

Absolutely zero change, it’s not a retrofit, just a replacement.

DabzDiggler

Car(s)
2019 golf R
Idk, it’s good now and the car is home so it is what it is. All I can say is it looks damn good going down the road in my rear view mirror haha.

Back to planting trees and then maybe look into fixing my car
See jake lol one reason I’m sketched on installing a FMIC I would be that guy that has problems lol

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
See jake lol one reason I’m sketched on installing a FMIC I would be that guy that has problems lol

To be fair the wheel alignment was off, and if it were FMIC related that would apply to any intercooler upgrade be it direct replacements or FMIC. The faults occurred at least 20 miles after the FMIC installation so while suspect we’ll never know if it was the bumper being off all day for development or the wheel alignment being knocked off.

I spent $214, and now my $900 Michelin’s should last longer so it is what it is.
9779E73C-8223-414B-8878-A9DDFEB09059.jpeg

It looks and performs damn good, so I’m still happy. I’ve installed these on countless 2018-2021 cars issue free and plan to continue to do so.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I finally got both of my fog lights hooked back up (messed up the driver side one way back when I installed my FMIC). I thought the driver's side needed just a plug, but it turned out I needed an entire fog light assembly. I got the new plugged hooked up and the new driver's side light in and I hooked the passenger side one back up (little access hatch in the wheel well for the win!!). It's nice having them back....and whenever the body shop repainted my bumper when I first got the car, they had replaced the drivers side light with a cheapo 3rd party light and the white light it produced did not match the passenger side which was OEM (it was colder and brighter). The fog light I got from eBay is a used OEM so they both match perfectly again...is nice.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
After adjustments, FaceTimes, trial runs and happy miles, my Rennwagen diffuser has RETURNED to me in its final state!!!! Big shout out to @Chet Ubetcha for letting me be the Robin to his Batman from across the forkin’ country! Also for building this and ish. Super stoked to get this installed tomorrow. Last picture was the prototype we were playing with. More pictures to come 🥰🥰
BB40FA7E-7D90-4F15-A1E1-0EC3F3B330CC.jpeg
A308B6B2-F05E-428A-999A-26B409F37B90.jpeg
20B9967D-7426-4079-ADF5-A8AFF6AB1006.jpeg
B8035949-44D2-401F-A18D-7526E0D94D41.jpeg