Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Son 2 got an alignment today at Trend. See, we’re back on track

Das Weib GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I have always thought this since I first got my license. When I was 16, some dude told me that it was bad to go below an 1/8th of a tank because it start to suck dirt and other crud in. At the time, it sounded legit, so ever since I have never let me cars get too low on fuel. My wife, on the other, drives on fumes all the time. It pisses me off so much when on the off chance I do have to drive her car, I get in and it's on E and I have to fill it up before I do anything......you would think she would stay on top of this since she is the one that actually has to drive to work on a daily basis lol.
Hey Doc,
These days the fuel and fuel systems are pretty efficient in keeping out the crude. I read the big thing about going low the tank is overheating the fuel pump possibly causing premature failure. Most car manufactures put the pumps in the fuel tanks using the gas as a coolant.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
But seriously, SB Stage3 daily. Only way to go. Your autox guys wont catch you. Any other clutch upgrade is not worth it.

You can hear the SMF. Easily caught

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Hey Doc,
These days the fuel and fuel systems are pretty efficient in keeping out the crude. I read the big thing about going low the tank is overheating the fuel pump possibly causing premature failure. Most car manufactures put the pumps in the fuel tanks using the gas as a coolant.
Makes sense. Thanks for the info man 👍🏻

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI