CozB

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Golf GT MK7 TSI
Installed a custom intake

E2D39E39-747A-4FE5-998D-D971B1247B49.jpeg

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Replaced Spark Plugs & Coils at 41k miles. Ran DP for 20k miles on stock tune. Are these toasttt? :ROFLMAO:
64D67A0A-B4AD-4FBB-A9EF-E33D68693251.jpeg

Edit: Close look
8AA3D97C-045A-4B1C-9BDD-26D7A0125EDC.jpeg

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Did some 034 stuff:
P34 Intake
Turbo Inlet Pipe
Turbo Muffler Delete (not installed yet because they sent the wrong one :mad:)
Valve Stem Caps

BTW - the OEM splash guards look fantastic on these cars and provide a visually "lower" appearance

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Just skip the TMD haha... rest of the stuff is good.

I have a set of OEM splash guards that are new that I never installed because my rear valence blocks them. :(

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5

I have a set of OEM splash guards that are new that I never installed because my rear valence blocks them. :(
I like the TMD - on my R it made for some fun turbo noises without being obnoxious. Plus it's already paid for, lolz.

You could still install the front splash guards, no?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I like the TMD - on my R it made for some fun turbo noises without being obnoxious. Plus it's already paid for, lolz.

Same boat here, I did the TMD because it's my first turbo car, attainable dream car, and it wasn't overly expensive.

I posted when I did my RSB and P3 gauge, but to stick with the theme of the thread: I dropped it off to get my SRS-TEC hatch spoiler painted and installed, very excited to get the car back from the body shop. I wanted something subtle, but to add a little flair to the rear of the car -- next up will be dynamic tail lights, as I have a non-LP mk7.5 and feel it'll really bring the whole car together.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion

Maybe I’m doing it backwards, upgraded turbo and fuel system but still have the turbo muffler.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
The TMD makes so little of a difference, its practically un-noticeable and an intake and turbo inlet increase the sound themselves but to a much greater degree.

art_mark7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Mark 7 GTI
The TMD makes so little of a difference, its practically un-noticeable and an intake and turbo inlet increase the sound themselves but to a much greater degree.
I am on the same boat, have CTS turbo inlet, Forge hose, R600, and the Euro OEM shoft shifter with harder bushings, I dont want to take them all out just to add a little TMD - knowing is not going to make a diff

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Maybe I’m doing it backwards, upgraded turbo and fuel system but still have the turbo muffler.
Different strokes and whatnot, if I were in a position where I didn't care about the warranty, I'd be going down that road. My goals are 'make it a bit more noisy and make it handle better', so I think we're on different planes.

I did the 034 Insuction kit and the TMD, so I've got the TIP and panel filter, with snow guard removed. Not quite as noisy as an open intake, but the pricetag was right and now I have the sound I wanted.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
the P34 intake is barely louder than stock, which is what I was going for. so the TIP and TMD are just to get me some more fun noises and not be overbearing like the open intake I was running on my R. Also on the R, the TMD gave me more turbo noises than the turbo inlet pipe, so we'll see what happens here.