Ready to race!
Bolted the new plate on, feels more mine without the temp tag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thechromecoyote

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
Got the new APR v2.0 flash done.

I’m stage 2 HIgh Torque with all supporting mods and Stage 3 SB Clutch.

Some thoughts;

It’s going to require a dramatic change to my driving style.

It has a more gradual, consistent, and linear power delivery compared to the sudden surge of power with the previous maps... but it pulls strong through the entire powerband.

It feels more like what APR was like on the MK5/6 platform, but with more power.

First impressions are that highway drivers will love it, and street drivers will hate the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Got the new APR v2.0 flash done.

I’m stage 2 HIgh Torque with all supporting mods and Stage 3 SB Clutch.

Some thoughts;

It’s going to require a dramatic change to my driving style.

It has a more gradual, consistent, and linear power delivery compared to the sudden surge of power with the previous maps... but it pulls strong through the entire powerband.

It feels more like what APR was like on the MK5/6 platform, but with more power.

First impressions are that highway drivers will love it, and street drivers will hate the change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I find your take interesting. I just got flashed from Stage 1 high torque to V2 Stage 1 Low Torque. I lost about 50ftlbs torque but gained >15hp up top. I agree with your description of the powerband. I disagree that highway drivers will love it and street drivers will hate it. If anything I enjoy driving the car on the street more because I can actually put the pedal down without constantly spinning the tires, whereas on the highway it’s a little worse because I don’t have the same passing power in 6th that I used to.

Overall I’m very happy with the tune so far though. Car feels stronger. Hoping to take it to the dragstrip soon to get some real results.

eajr

Go Kart Champion
I used this triple threat to do an interior detail and am very pleased!

jbm119

Ready to race!
How is your leather feeling? I used some leather conditioner which made my seat really shinny and greasy as well. I did not want shinny and greasy.

SRoads

Ready to race!
How is your leather feeling? I used some leather conditioner which made my seat really shinny and greasy as well. I did not want shinny and greasy.

The leather is already sealed...using a conditioner is meaningless. You want to use something like 303 aerospace, opt car wx, or really anything with uv protection in it.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW

Which conditioner did you use? Ive found some leave a residue more than others

The leather is already sealed...using a conditioner is meaningless. You want to use something like 303 aerospace, opt car wx, or really anything with uv protection in it.

Have you ever used 303 or the like on a leather surface? It leaves a greasy residue, and I wouldn't recommend. Even using it to dress interior panels I think it's too greasy and only use for black plastic exterior trim (303 or Megs HD)

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Finally retuned my car to stage 2 this morning. Nice to have the power back!

Had to leave it detuned for a couple weeks for drive cycle/state inspection and they diagnosed a weeping thermostat so I had to leave it until got another week until that was fixed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SRoads

Ready to race!
Which conditioner did you use? Ive found some leave a residue more than others

Have you ever used 303 or the like on a leather surface? It leaves a greasy residue, and I wouldn't recommend. Even using it to dress interior panels I think it's too greasy and only use for black plastic exterior trim (303 or Megs HD)

Cut it by 1/2 with distilled water...and buff it with a dry cloth. Are you spraying it directly on the surface? Spray the cloth first...then wipe it on the surface.

c72k

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
BMW
Cut it by 1/2 with distilled water...and buff it with a dry cloth. Are you spraying it directly on the surface? Spray the cloth first...then wipe it on the surface.

have cut to 1/4, and still not a huge fan

abbas16

Passed Driver's Ed
So it's UV damage that ruins the leather?
Never knew that, just always assumed it was wear and tear. Need to find me some good UV protection cleaner then!

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
So it's UV damage that ruins the leather?
Never knew that, just always assumed it was wear and tear. Need to find me some good UV protection cleaner then!

Sent from my LG-H915 using Tapatalk

Are your windows tinted?