GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
I recently scored an OEM roof rack....I already had red spray paint. I painted the end caps to match the Mirrors/red trim on the GTI. The Rustoleum Apple Red is very close it seems a touch closer than the Krylon but for stuff like this either one is close enough.

CSB: rack was part of package deal...after all was said and done not only was the rack free I got enough $ for make the drive to NJ worth it.

Ever think about painting/wrapping the silver part of the crossbars? I think I might consider that just gotta come up with a way to do it well and won't interfere with the t-slots

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
nope.....if you rattle can it it'll be easy. Just remove the rubber, tape off the mounts if you want to. Plastidip is also an option but you would have to do something different for rubber strip in the T slot. Nice thing about that is it's easily reversible.

Hmmmmm...maybe I should paint my bars black. I wonder how it'll last if it's used w/o attachments?

vulticGTI

Go Kart Newbie
nope.....if you rattle can it it'll be easy. Just remove the rubber, tape off the mounts if you want to. Plastidip is also an option but you would have to do something different for rubber strip in the T slot. Nice thing about that is it's easily reversible.

Hmmmmm...maybe I should paint my bars black. I wonder how it'll last if it's used w/o attachments?

I was thinking I would tape off the tslots and keep those normal so I don't run into issues with attachments. It's hard to see in there and I am considering getting the rubber wind inserts which are black anyways.

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Painting all that red shit black would be a hell of an improvement. But to each their own.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
T slots could be filled with caulk saver 3/8 or so foam rope insulation before painting all you need is to block lower t slots. Painting aluminum is best with special primer

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Removed the OEM Golf R light switch and aftermarket light sensor from my GTI Sport (no auto lights and no fog lights).

My shift at work changed months ago, and I've been encountering the problem of ambient light levels fluctuating enough to cause the low beams to toggle on and off in open air throughout my commute. Because of that, I haven't used the Auto setting in a long time, and I figured I might as well take it off.

Too bad I can adjust the light sensor threshold.....only up to a certain point that wasn't enough to help.

Also met up with a local forum member with a stock tune car and drove around the block in my tuned car. We'll see if this entices them to tune :)

20190731_191415.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

pwomble

Passed Driver's Ed
Enclosure is done, sub mounted, began wiring up the amps and LC7i. Running speaker cables, mounting the LC7i remote up front, and install of Focal components still to go!

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Nice work!

Enclosure is done, sub mounted, began wiring up the amps and LC7i. Running speaker cables, mounting the LC7i remote up front, and install of Focal components still to go!

I'm curious to know why you didn't finish the enclosure, either with carpet (PITA), paint, or bedliner, especially since everything is exposed. Or do you plan to cover it? Also, is that the factory trunk floor I see under all of that. If yes, you might get more sound if you remove that floor and let the sub fire through the spare tire well. Even this small opening in my setup makes a small difference:

Keep up the good work!

Scott

pwomble

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice work!

I'm curious to know why you didn't finish the enclosure, either with carpet (PITA), paint, or bedliner, especially since everything is exposed. Or do you plan to cover it? Also, is that the factory trunk floor I see under all of that. If yes, you might get more sound if you remove that floor and let the sub fire through the spare tire well. Even this small opening in my setup makes a small difference:

Keep up the good work!

Scott
I am copying your design Scott. This will all be hidden under the factory hatch floor. I have carpet for the enclosure. The 12" sub fires into the spare tire well. The bolt has been cut!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Thanks!

First car (that was financed) that I've actually paid off!

It's also the only car that I've owned that I've left stock!

Maybe that will change now hah.