GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Not today, but over the weekend I helped a friend finish moving her stuff to a new home. She packed her minivan and I packed the mule and baby trailer. I carried 46" and 26" televisions, patio furniture, and assorted tubs of stuff inside the car; a large telescope and assorted stuff for padding in the rooftop box; and a lawnmower, lamps, outdoor equipment, bakers racks, and a workbench in or on the trailer:

The trip was 250 miles each way. I've shared a short video at https://youtu.be/opaNvHvwmQE.

What type of trailer is that?

Last edited:

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
HAHA!

Friendzone level 9000. Yikes.
I think he's a family man.

We're both married, just not to each other. We both have grown kids, too. Essentially, she asked me to do something that I enjoy (drive and travel) and then fed me three meals and gave me a bed for the night (not hers). :p She covered fuel, too. All it cost me was time.

What type of trailer is that?

Carry-On 3x5.5-footer from Lowes' that I transformed. Details here.

Scott

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
HAHA!

We're both married, just not to each other. We both have grown kids, too. Essentially, she asked me to do something that I enjoy (drive and travel) and then fed me three meals and gave me a bed for the night (not hers). :p She covered fuel, too. All it cost me was time.

Carry-On 3x5.5-footer from Lowes' that I transformed. Details here.

Scott

You killed all the drama :)

ggweci

Go Kart Newbie
That’s the maxton V2 in the textured black finish.

I love my Pure White Rabbit, but man does that Urano Grey look good. Love the front lip too.

Not today, but over the weekend I helped a friend finish moving her stuff to a new home. She packed her minivan and I packed the mule and baby trailer. I carried 46" and 26" televisions, patio furniture, and assorted tubs of stuff inside the car; a large telescope and assorted stuff for padding in the rooftop box; and a lawnmower, lamps, outdoor equipment, bakers racks, and a workbench in or on the trailer:

The trip was 250 miles each way. I've shared a short video at https://youtu.be/opaNvHvwmQE.

This looks so cool. Great GTI and nice trailer. And even better friend!

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI

Thanks GTIJake. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
HAHA!

You killed all the drama :)

Yeah, I've lived through enough drama in my years. Funny story about the trip: I would have done the trip without her covering fuel, but she insisted on paying. When she said she loves filling up at Sam's Club for its low 87 gas prices, I said "This girl doesn't drink cheap wine; only top tier premium fuels." We stopped at a Shell and she nearly choked when she saw the prices. "Damn, your girl DOES have expensive taste," she said! :D She laughed, knowing it was still cheaper than renting a truck.

This looks so cool. Great GTI and nice trailer. And even better friend!

Thanks! I'm not sure how we bonded, but we did. We've been friends since around 2011, but each married on opposite coasts back in the early 1990's. I guess our relationship could be described as more like siblings. :cool:

zinfamous

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks! I'm not sure how we bonded, but we did. We've been friends since around 2011, but each married on opposite coasts back in the early 1990's. I guess our relationship could be described as more like siblings. :cool:

You both have spouses on opposite coasts? ...wouldn't it be more efficient to just, swap spouses? :D