GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Aelwulf

Ready to race!
More shinies put on. Findway floor mats (also in the wife's Tiguan), rear plate frame, wheel air caps, and ECS Tuning CF paddle shifters.

Also got my eBay spare tire liner, but need more light and time to remove plastic pieces to install under them.

Anyone have a paddle shifter get a bit of a clunk instead of a click when pressed after swapping them? Probably just me being overly sensitive but thought I'd ask.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

condi

Passed Driver's Ed
1st door sounddeadening, 10mm foam on plastic side.

3doors to go + trunk + hood

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka

NellyGTI

Ready to race!
Had the same issue with one of mine when I installed my catback. I ended up cutting the rusted/stripped bolt off and replaced them both using the same clamp.

-Martin

Damn, that’s what I should have done. My new clamp should be here tomorrow, I’ll swap it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Cbell3186

Ready to race!
Installed this, removed some rust off the subframe and front knuckle area (very minor) oiled the bolt heads.

Then took my Golf-R for a spin. I like this thing.

I did the same thing yesterday- went the AliExpress route on the pendulum mount, 034 Motorsport upper and lower dogbone. Aside from initial startup cranking, NVH is barely noticeable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I did the same thing yesterday- went the AliExpress route on the pendulum mount, 034 Motorsport upper and lower dogbone. Aside from initial startup cranking, NVH is barely noticeable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cool. I didn't get the aftermarket top mounts (engine nor tranny mounts), but is that a noticeable improvement over just the pendulum and dogbone as I have it? Before I just had the lower 034 dogbone and there was still too much play.

I'm quite pleased how the thing turned out for me, but if there's room for improvement I'm all ears.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Second bike rack. Rocky Mounts Tomahawk.

condi

Passed Driver's Ed
Next part, always wanted to have rear door exit lights. Now I had opportunity.

Soldered wire, ready to assemble.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G950F przy użyciu Tapatalka

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Added some little stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Finished my BBK installation short of the brake lines and rebalancing wheels (weights in the inside of the barrel for clearance) which I scheduled an appointment for Monday)

Also built a polished set of mk7 gti FMIC piping, which is now a standard option

Not sure why, but my car wouldn’t let me put the windows up via the switch or fob after my BRAKE warning on the MFD came up. I’m sure it’ll be fine after it’s bleed and done being pissed off, but thought that was kinda weird (good thing it’s in the garage lol)

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Finished my BBK installation short of the brake lines and rebalancing wheels (weights in the inside of the barrel for clearance) which I scheduled an appointment for Monday)

Also built a polished set of mk7 gti FMIC piping, which is now a standard option

Not sure why, but my car wouldn’t let me put the windows up via the switch or fob after my BRAKE warning on the MFD came up. I’m sure it’ll be fine after it’s bleed and done being pissed off, but thought that was kinda weird (good thing it’s in the garage lol)
Nice kit Jake [emoji108]