GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

nype

Drag Racing Champion

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Been having a lot of interior noises. Pops, rattles and clicks. After lubing the door seals and doing that whole dance I decided to have them take a close look at the car before I hit 10k (squeak and rattle warranty ends I guess?). Dropped the car off at like 9980 [emoji14] . Actually about to text and see what's up.
They're driving it for 20 miles so they don't have to fix it for free [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Lol man...Good Friday...

[emoji214] [emoji195]

Oh yeah, right!

They're driving it for 20 miles so they don't have to fix it for free [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well I'm getting excited, Service Adviser just texted that they found the L/R window regulator loose and it was causing a lot of my noises. They tightened it and are still working on the rest of the list. Yay!

Edit: Just informed that the dealership's MK7 GTI S 6MT loaner is due back today so tonight or tomorrow I get to trade my loaner 2017 Passat SE in for the GTI. In the first 1k miles it needed rear brakes and a clutch due to some yahoos having fun. Now they are very picky who they loan it out too. GTI drivers only and you have to have a good relationship with them. I've known my Service Adviser since I was 10, so score! Will obviously be updating all the DSG vs Manual and the Regrets threads after driving it :p

Last edited:

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Got covered in tree jizz.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Got covered in tree jizz.

That is the worst! I have a tree nearby that loves to drop these red berries that explode when they land and the liquid dries and hardens onto the clear coat instantly. Only way to get it off is with a clay bar.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
That is the worst! I have a tree nearby that loves to drop these red berries that explode when they land and the liquid dries and hardens onto the clear coat instantly. Only way to get it off is with a clay bar.
The pine pollen has begun. I won't be washing it for the next three weeks, it's pointless.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
The pine pollen has begun. I won't be washing it for the next three weeks, it's pointless.

Here in CA where I live, we had some strange weather and the trees couldn't decide WTF was up, so they flowered and released pollen early. My car turned from CSGM to Yellow. My wife wanted to do some shopping up north, so I dropped her off and took my car to the local detailer for a $100 full detail and wax with a polisher. Not only did it "fix" most of the swirls I caused by using a dirty clay bar mitt, but also helped keep the pollen off due to the nice thick layer of wax. That is how they up-sold me from a simple wash, and low and behold they didn't lie. I guess it also helps that the trees stopped releasing pollen a few days after.....

chris796

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally lowered on ED springs last night. Rear is perfect for meC hopefully the front settles a tad more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

prp74

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally lowered on ED springs last night. Rear is perfect for meC hopefully the front settles a tad more.

Stunning!!!

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
VW Golf
Birds do that in these parts. Agree though, tree sap is a hassle to remove, often easier to wash the entire car....

Bubba1

Following on from the 'USA Cleaning Mit Club': I washed the car tonite. No real biggy but A) it's easier to do so when it's raining, or at least has been (get some funny looks though), and the car is already wet and B) I find I get less - if any - streaks or runs afterwards. Possibly rain water is better than tap water for washing cars ?....

Rainwater is better for the final rinse if it’s filtered and has no particles in it. Mains water usually has some elements in it that leave watermarks (fluoride,
Lime etc) whereas rain water doesn’t. Filtered water is best for final rinse.

bigdave79

Ready to race!

Looks great. Don't worry, I had some reverse rake when I first installed mine but it evened out after a couple of hundred miles.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk