GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Joel

Ready to race!
Just busted out the OBDEleven this morning and increased my idle RPM by 50/min. Had installed the BFI Stage 1 dogbone mount recently and this helped smooth out most of those vibrations. Nice little tweak in my opinion.
Nice, I need to do that.
Mine can be a little rough after a cold start.

Off to search for the coding.

bdelaney4000

Ready to race!
Nice, I need to do that.
Mine can be a little rough after a cold start.

Off to search for the coding.

If you go into the "engine control module" (VCDS or OBDEleven), under "adaptations" you'll find, "idle speed correction". Apparently you can only increase this value by 50. On top of that, it can only be adjusted when the car is running and at temp, at least that's how mine was on OBDEleven. :)

Joel

Ready to race!
If you go into the "engine control module" (VCDS or OBDEleven), under "adaptations" you'll find, "idle speed correction". Apparently you can only increase this value by 50. On top of that, it can only be adjusted when the car is running and at temp, at least that's how mine was on OBDEleven. :)
Thanks...
In the morning on a cold start for some reason it idles down to 800 like normal.
Then tries to idle around 750 for a bit, which with the upgraded mounts make it shake a good bit..
Weird because it never does it except for the first start of the day.

Hoping this will take care of it for me.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Thanks...
In the morning on a cold start for some reason it idles down to 800 like normal.
Then tries to idle around 750 for a bit, which with the upgraded mounts make it shake a good bit..
Weird because it never does it except for the first start of the day.

Hoping this will take care of it for me.
I have the same mounts. No idle issues other than cold starts getting the odd fish bite stumble here and there.

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
I have the same mounts. No idle issues other than cold starts getting the odd fish bite stumble here and there.
I think the majority of that cold start stumble is the SAI pump. It's a little air pump/compressor that shoots warm air into the exhaust for magical emissions reasons.

When I installed a breather filter directly to the pump (came with my intake), I noticed it's only got a thin rubber gasket between the pump and the metal frame it's mounted on. The thing shakes like a mothertrucker.

It's right behind the driver side fog inside the bumper, in front of the wheel.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

mesaboogie18

Ready to race!
Parked it next to my MKIV

Attachments

• 20992973_10203416992102025_2271334704092127468_n.jpg
    20992973_10203416992102025_2271334704092127468_n.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 677
  • 20993840_10203416998302180_5477383746361940179_n.jpg
    20993840_10203416998302180_5477383746361940179_n.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 663

Silkblue16

Passed Driver's Ed
Well I have been sitting on this Clubsport S muffler since April. I figured it was time to be installed.

Joel

Ready to race!
Other than the first start of the day I don't either...
Not sure what the idle dropped to before never thought about it.
Just noticed a good bit more shake at 750 then 800... nothing to worry about.
The rest of the day she is smooth and solid, love the mounts

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Silkblue16

Passed Driver's Ed
How do you like it?

I am really happy with it so far. I wasn't sure how it would sound since the youtube videos tend to very quite a bit.

It sounds like a stock exhaust while cruising but has a great sound up high and nice DSG Farts. Simple, clean, and classy!

Two thumbs up!

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Ready to race!
I am really happy with it so far. I wasn't sure how it would sound since the youtube videos tend to very quite a bit.

It sounds like a stock exhaust while cruising but has a great sound up high and nice DSG Farts. Simple, clean, and classy!

Two thumbs up!
This sounds like the perfect exhaust, I need to find one...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

dub_guy

Ready to race!
Dropped off the GTI for the dealer to replace the control module for the interior air. Fifth time into the dealership to fix a problem where after an hour of driving the air flow is blocked somewhere (but the fans are working fine).