GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
New wheels and tires. 18X8.5 et45 VMR V718 in gunmetal with Michelin PSS 245/40/18

These tires are incredible. First time using them. The sidewalls are so stiff, yet the car rides extremely well. Totally flat through the corners now. Never realized how much my old tires compressed through corners. Absolutely worth it!

I'll get better pics soon. When I wash the car. Also no center caps yet.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428422075.353284.jpg

amos

Passed Driver's Ed
New wheels and tires. 18X8.5 et45 VMR V718 in gunmetal with Michelin PSS 245/40/18

These tires are incredible. First time using them. The sidewalls are so stiff, yet the car rides extremely well. Totally flat through the corners now. Never realized how much my old tires compressed through corners. Absolutely worth it!

I'll get better pics soon. When I wash the car. Also no center caps yet.[/ATTACH]

Looks great. No rubbing I am assuming? also are you happy with the springs as far as day to day driving? I am looking at springs but 80% of the time the cars is going down pot hole roads in a straight line and I don't want that racecar feel all the time.

muzicman

At 350 miles new, Pirelli P7's are finding a new home ($50/each trade in at Discount Tire) while the GTI is wearing new Michelin PSS shoes (stuck with 225/40/18's). Total of $703 out the door including every possible warranty/lifetime service/etc., plus a pre-paid $70 Visa coming back from current rebate.

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
Looks great. No rubbing I am assuming? also are you happy with the springs as far as day to day driving? I am looking at springs but 80% of the time the cars is going down pot hole roads in a straight line and I don't want that racecar feel all the time.

No rubbing at all with the VWR. the 245 wide tire looks perfect on the 8.5 rim. Just ever so slightly stretching, which is better than ballooning. I'll get pics.

The VWR's are all you'll ever need for the road. I can honestly say they ride better than stock. They take all bounciness out of the ride. It's firm and comfortable. And a noticeable decrease in bodyroll. It gives you the handling when you want it without sacrificing any comfort. I highly recommend them.

And i really wouldn't want my car any lower so it's perfect for me. As it was, we had a little trouble getting the lift arms under the car at the shop. I had to lift the car up a bit from the fenders. Haha

At 350 miles new, Pirelli P7's are finding a new home ($50/each trade in at Discount Tire) while the GTI is wearing new Michelin PSS shoes (stuck with 225/40/18's). Total of $703 out the door including every possible warranty/lifetime service/etc., plus a pre-paid $70 Visa coming back from current rebate.

That's where i got mine from too :D

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3

I'll get better pics soon. When I wash the car. Also no center caps yet.

Super Sports ftw - welcome to the club haha. Wheels look great! See you at tonight's meet hopefully!

CLapperhighs

Go Kart Champion
that looks great.

really like your choices.

i am in too for more detailed pics of your car/wheels/tires.

thanks.

More pics! Again specs are VMR V718 18X8.5 et 45 with Michelin PSS 245/40/18. Dropped on VWR Springs. No rubbing, no screw mod. Fits no problem.

The sun was sitting quick after the car wash, so the pics are darker than i wanted. One day i'll grab my real camera and do a shoot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428600409.277643.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428600616.315801.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428600645.561412.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428600699.592391.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428600713.046333.jpg

Markio

Ready to race!
LED Tails! Huge shoutout to Deutsche. Their harness worked perfectly and is really well made, and their shipping was crazy fast. Took my time with the install and ended up taking about 4 hours from start to finish. Now that I know what to do, I could probably do it in 2 1/2 or so. Highly recommend their harness though - the end result is stunning.

IMG_6196 by Adam Sheikh, on Flickr

IMG_6184 by Adam Sheikh, on Flickr

IMG_6180 by Adam Sheikh, on Flickr

Hey,

Did you have to do any coding afterwards for them to work?

Indrek909

Passed Driver's Ed
LED Tails! Huge shoutout to Deutsche. Their harness worked perfectly and is really well made, and their shipping was crazy fast. Took my time with the install and ended up taking about 4 hours from start to finish. Now that I know what to do, I could probably do it in 2 1/2 or so. Highly recommend their harness though - the end result is stunning.

IMG_6196 by Adam Sheikh, on Flickr

IMG_6184 by Adam Sheikh, on Flickr

IMG_6180 by Adam Sheikh, on Flickr

Nice and nice wheels too

Indrek909

Passed Driver's Ed
Nailed a huge pothole. :( Completely blew out my passenger side front tire. Huge gash in the tread. Heard a loud bang when I hit it. Such a sad day. Luckily no damage was done to my rim. The stock Austins are tough. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow to have them lift it and inspect the underbody, as well as replace the tire. Driving a new GTI on a doughnut is depressing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same happened to me today, hit an underwater pothole, made a small gash in the tire and it chipped the rim a little. Tire was holding air, so went to the dealer, since it's just around the corner where I was at and after they looked at it, they said that gash is fine, since the side wall is the toughest part of the tire....ok hope so...