GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Wetelvis

Ready to race!
Started several mods back in January from Hydrographic dipping to just ordering wheels and tires. It’s been a uphill battle getting anything done or delivered but In the last week it all came together!! I am happy with how it’s all turned out and am looking forward to just enjoying the ride[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pSyCO_007

Ready to race!
Started several mods back in January from Hydrographic dipping to just ordering wheels and tires. It’s been a uphill battle getting anything done or delivered but In the last week it all came together!! I am happy with how it’s all turned out and am looking forward to just enjoying the ride[emoji4]

Nice wheels

flygteye

Ready to race!
Got the APR DSG tune done. Also went from 93 to 91 octane tune since 93 is really hard to find here.

RRF985

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the windows tinted today. Suntek CeramicIR 35%. So nice to have tint again. I think it turned out great. I was a little worried it was going to be too dark for my liking but it's perfect.

pSyCO_007

Ready to race!
I had the windows tinted today. Suntek CeramicIR 35%. So nice to have tint again. I think it turned out great. I was a little worried it was going to be too dark for my liking but it's perfect.

Did they get the little window in the front by the side mirrors?

Vulpe86

Just installed this little number today. Took most the afternoon to calibrate so it stopped throwing my EPC light. Think it's in a good place now, really enjoying the extra thrill.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Renck

Ready to race!

Man it is too dark!

Just kidding you..........looks great! Congrats. :cool:

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
Just installed this little number today. Took most the afternoon to calibrate so it stopped throwing my EPC light. Think it's in a good place now, really enjoying the extra thrill.

never heard of or seen this before. looks interesting. is it a piggyback? how can it improve gas mileage?

Vulpe86

never heard of or seen this before. looks interesting. is it a piggyback? how can it improve gas mileage?
My buddy has had one for about a year. It's German based so not well known in the states. It is a piggy back. So takes a bit to find the right settings for the USA GTIs (guess they are different than the Euro versions), but so far so good.

Vulpe86

It can't. A 20% improvement in anything is impossible - no 20% bump in HP or a 20% increase in MPG.
Yea, of course there are disclaimers for the numbers they post so I take it with a grain of salt. All I know is I'm get a lot more pull in 1st-3rd, and 4th is pulling harder which was really great to see. With the gas I see where the improvement will come from since the car hovers around 2,500 rpms at 74mph usually. Now on the highway it's around 2,200 rpms. 20% though I feel is a stretch. I'll have to keep track and see if it does improve mpg.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
^the RPM difference is impossible. That piggy back is performing miracles if it can some how change the gearing in your transmission.

He got the secret CVT model.

cb1111

Yea, of course there are disclaimers for the numbers they post so I take it with a grain of salt. All I know is I'm get a lot more pull in 1st-3rd, and 4th is pulling harder which was really great to see. With the gas I see where the improvement will come from since the car hovers around 2,500 rpms at 74mph usually. Now on the highway it's around 2,200 rpms. 20% though I feel is a stretch. I'll have to keep track and see if it does improve mpg.

Unfortunately, there are also reports on European forums of engines grenading after a few years. There is no free lunch.

Please keep us posted.