GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I've heard that these engines spray more fuel into the cylinders during the first few hundred miles to help with the breakin. Not sure if there's any truth to that, but the MPG changes I saw might support that theory.

There's a very small likelihood that that is the case. They want the first impressions of their vehicles to be as good as possible. I'd imagine the MPG changes you saw after ~800 miles were probably because your new car syndrome has abated, and your right foot lost some weight.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
They do, if you have for lights. They are called static cornering lights. The second pull activates the rear fog light, like the first activates the front.

Mine only has one pulll... I have LP. Shwat is happen?

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
There's a very small likelihood that that is the case. They want the first impressions of their vehicles to be as good as possible. I'd imagine the MPG changes you saw after ~800 miles were probably because your new car syndrome has abated, and your right foot lost some weight.

On the contrary actually. I was fairly light on the throttle for the first 1000 miles and only did my commute - no backroads or anything like that.

I could've sworn I read about the extra fuel injection somewhere ages ago. The gist of it was the extra fuel cools/(lubricates?) the combustion chambers more during the initial break-in. I'll see if I can dig something up.

VW YNZR

Passed Driver's Ed
Washed. Ordered a ton of new detailing items. Purchased a CTS Turbo catback.

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Installed my Neuspeed cai

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
Had driver side Bi-Xenon headlight replaced due to a cloudy build up on the inside on the lens....now it looks great, I'm a happy easter bunny.

The new headlight was faulty - a split in the seam between the clear plastic lens and the rear black case, an hour of rain later the headlight is crying from the inside and water has ran down into one of the controller units and fried it - now the static cornering bulb is permanently on and APC errors....

F@#@#$ Valeo you @#!@#$$%'s

I was hoping to take this car to the NZ VW Nationals....

Mk620T

Ready to race!
The new headlight was faulty - a split in the seam between the clear plastic lens and the rear black case, an hour of rain later the headlight is crying from the inside and water has ran down into one of the controller units and fried it - now the static cornering bulb is permanently on and APC

I'm doing the same thing today :(. Should be picking her up after getting a new xenon headlight. Couple of donuts in the rain, headlight (only one) starts to cry from the inside, and then it's led u/ring/halo went out. At least they gave me a loner - I'm pretty impressed with the 1.8t.

SomethingNew71

TDI Pro
Car(s)
2009 JSW TDI
Hey I just finished install the Curt receiver on my car. Was SUPER easy and I think it looks nice as well. I did it to tow my classic mini to a car show this year.

Timpel

Passed Driver's Ed
Didnt do anything. Sportsvan did to me. Get those stupid TPMS and other kind of errors after one week when dealer replaced the steering rack to fix the same problem. Whole dash light up like a christmastree. Really annoyed.