GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
its not the destination, but the memories we make along the way :) You made that car your own!

For now. My daughter about to get her license and already had her eye on it.

I squashed that right away.

Now she's trying to convince me to get her a Miata that we can use for AutoX. Hmmm.... Sneaky

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
For now. My daughter about to get her license and already had her eye on it.

I squashed that right away.

Now she's trying to convince me to get her a Miata that we can use for AutoX. Hmmm.... Sneaky
Looooool if I had my '19 when I was getting my license I'd likely not be here to post about it today, I got into plenty of trouble with my 2.0 Golf.

Then again, if I had AX when I was getting my license I'd probably have not been doing dumb nonsense on the street as it is.

also @swcrow no idea RE: carplay unfortunately, I know AA is a thing and works great but I never really paid attention to CarPlay.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Ordered some new shoes…..
IMG_4547.jpeg

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Once again my a$$ is saved by the brakes fitted to my GTI. Damn near bought the farm during lunch break headed back to the office. I'm going down the highway the few short miles to my exit, speed limit is 75 and I'm in the right lane cruising at exactly that. Nobody is in front of me, but there is a truck behind me. Left lane traffic is solid and tightly packed. I see this white SUV on the shoulder sitting there, no hazard lights. Right about the time I wonder what they are doing, it suddenly without no blinker or anything whips into the lane and starts to accelerate. I instantly know Im going to hit it but brake anyway praying I dont get rear-ended. Sending a rooster tail of smoke from the tires I somehow manage to slow enough to match their speed with a mere foot or so from their rear bumper. At last the SUV seems to realize what they did and they hit the hazards and return to the shoulder. The truck that was behind me blares his horn at them as we go by. I don't know how that wasn't a pile-up but damn I wish people would pay more attention. If I had been in a normal car that would have been a bad day for me and likely the ptruck behind me. The truck behind me at one point was so close to me I thought his Dodge Ram badge was a part of my back glass. Funny what you notice when your life flashes through your mind.

Once again I will say that if you have a GTI, do the Macan brake swap at a minimum.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Essentially
That's BS... It's the responsibility of the shipper to ensure (and insure) their product reaches my doorstep.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
That's BS... It's the responsibility of the shipper to ensure (and insure) their product reaches my doorstep.
Yup….Salami said the same and I agree. Oh well. Now, there may be other stuff it provides, but who knows

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Washed it thoroughly to kick off a short vacation. Finally added my track decals. Got a bunch more in waiting for when I eventually hit them up too.

1684370392362.png

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Once again my a$$ is saved by the brakes fitted to my GTI. Damn near bought the farm during lunch break headed back to the office. I'm going down the highway the few short miles to my exit, speed limit is 75 and I'm in the right lane cruising at exactly that. Nobody is in front of me, but there is a truck behind me. Left lane traffic is solid and tightly packed. I see this white SUV on the shoulder sitting there, no hazard lights. Right about the time I wonder what they are doing, it suddenly without no blinker or anything whips into the lane and starts to accelerate. I instantly know Im going to hit it but brake anyway praying I dont get rear-ended. Sending a rooster tail of smoke from the tires I somehow manage to slow enough to match their speed with a mere foot or so from their rear bumper. At last the SUV seems to realize what they did and they hit the hazards and return to the shoulder. The truck that was behind me blares his horn at them as we go by. I don't know how that wasn't a pile-up but damn I wish people would pay more attention. If I had been in a normal car that would have been a bad day for me and likely the ptruck behind me. The truck behind me at one point was so close to me I thought his Dodge Ram badge was a part of my back glass. Funny what you notice when your life flashes through your mind.

Once again I will say that if you have a GTI, do the Macan brake swap at a minimum.
Damn near convinced.