GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Yeah the Potenzas are trash. They only have 17k on them so the cheap part of my brain is like welllll maybe a few more miles.. but I've had the DWS06s in a cart at tirerack for like six months now. New rims seems like a good time for new tires anyway, so maybe just bite the bullet and do them both at once. The Clubsport reps are 18x8 so good opportunity to go a little wider, too.
Any idea the weight on those things? They look great. Would love to turn my red 2-door into a Clubsport clone lol.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Took a u-turn and misjudged the distance to the nearby curb 🤦‍♂️ On the plus side, those 18” rep Clubsport Brescias are looking nicer and nicer every day…

View attachment 270943
Did this exact thing last year while in a rush to make an appointment.

Couldn't be bothered to just park the car in the lot for 30 seconds. $350 mistake :(

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Any idea the weight on those things? They look great. Would love to turn my red 2-door into a Clubsport clone lol.
I've got an email thread going with a guy over there, so I'll ask. Most resellers say 29 lbs; I'll let you if they come back with anything definitive.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I've got an email thread going with a guy over there, so I'll ask. Most resellers say 29 lbs; I'll let you if they come back with anything definitive.
1674327985484.jpeg

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
After some idiotic newb mistakes that I knew better of and some preplanning failures……

Finally got the bbk on. Many thanks to:
@El_bigote_AJ , @manu97 , @scrllock , @Acadia18 , @MrFabulous , @jay745 and others for pointers, advice and texts…..made it go smoothly and with confidence

Out with old…..
View attachment 270875

In with the new….
View attachment 270876View attachment 270877View attachment 270878View attachment 270879
Did the a01's clear without a spacer or did you need to push them out a little?

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Installed a few items yesterday . Apr TIP, ecs silicone intake tube, and the s3 resistor delete. Adds just the right amount of the noises.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
It was a day of uninstalling. The stock intake and hoses/pipes, stock shifter parts and shift knob, and the stock steering wheel were all reinstalled and the aftermarket parts removed. The cobb ap was unmarried. Then I reinstalled the rear wiper. I undeleted my wiper delete.

I'm almost 100% back to stock. The clutch disc, pressure plate, and clutch line isn't stock. The valve delay will always be removed. When I installed my short side to side shifter I mangled one of the bushings getting it out of the oem end link, so I had to leave the diesel geek side to side bracket installed. It's as far back to stock as it's ever going to be.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So about this steering wheel......

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Funny, I fubared my side to side bushing and left it too.
Some of my shift knob stuff was a bit mangled too, both the metal and plastic clamps. Seems to not be effecting it negatively though. It's on there good. Just feels weird having the stock knob again. I had a raceseng knob on my mk6, and I made that one of the first things I got for the R. It's been years since my shifting felt like this.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Yeah, the stock knob feels like it’s made out of balsa wood. I have learned that I prefer the stock height to slammed low like I had mine. My biggest issue is that I can barely drive without a clutch stop, apparently.