GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
So here it is with the unitronic 3" connector. There's a small gap, maybe. 25 of an inch at most. Thoughts?
IMG_20220203_134845.jpg

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
As far as exhaust goes that’s a very big gap.

Also that nuespeed looks like some cast sprinkler piping 😂
Doesn't it? I'm not gonna fuck with this. Come spring I'll clean it and take it a shop to install.

Canadian winters man...

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
As far as exhaust goes that’s a very big gap.

Also that nuespeed looks like some cast sprinkler piping 😂
It sure looks corroded for being 304. My Magnaflow piping is probably 409 and a few years of PA road salt did this to it. Hit it with a flap disc and sandpaper and it looks good from 10 feet away.

Attachments

• 20210921_122646.jpg
    20210921_122646.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
  • 20210922_172025.jpg
    20210922_172025.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 56

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
It sure looks corroded for being 304. My Magnaflow piping is probably 409 and a few years of PA road salt did this to it. Hit it with a flap disc and sandpaper and it looks good from 10 feet away.
Did the magnet test, ain't sticking, so assumption is its 304....

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Maybe it was on an amphibious GTI.
I'm kinda looking forward to cleaning it, just to see how well it will shine. Watch it be an utter disappointment and I end up walking away with damaged hands from that acid or whatever the fuck.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
I'm kinda looking forward to cleaning it, just to see how well it will shine. Watch it be an utter disappointment and I end up walking away with damaged hands from that acid or whatever the fuck.
Make sure not to store that stuff near your personal lubricant or there could be unpleasant ramifications in the event of a mix-up. Or maybe pleasant, if you're into that sort of thing.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Spent the time to get my mounts installed today. No pic of the trans mount. I didn't think of it until the end and the engine mount is so obvious now.

View attachment 237859
How bad was the install? I hear the transmission side is a real turd, my thought was to do that side first and leave the other two OEM mounts connected for the additional play offered. I did the mounts on my mk4 and they weren't bad, but my understanding is that there's a wiring harness on the transmission side is quite rude.

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
How bad was the install? I hear the transmission side is a real turd, my thought was to do that side first and leave the other two OEM mounts connected for the additional play offered. I did the mounts on my mk4 and they weren't bad, but my understanding is that there's a wiring harness on the transmission side is quite rude.
Truthfully, this was my 2nd attempt at the transmission side because mine was welded so it wasn't as bad as the first go around. Nothing was hard about getting to the transmission mount; removing air intake, battery+tray, ECU+mount, etc. The only pain in the ass is the wiring harness as you mentioned. You have man handle it out of the way to get to them. But using swivel sockets helped tremendously.

Overall, it's really not that bad at all. I did both mounts at the same time to get it done and over with. Already had the dogbone insert installed a while ago.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Apparently driving too fast today. I will dispute it as I highly doubt I was doing 71. I’m really pretty sure I was doing 60 though and I did not know the speed limit of this road, and was cruising with another group of cars.

73889701-83EE-42E0-B9E1-AFE5FB1E613C.jpeg

Last edited: