GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion
How do you like the Conti’s. I have them. Enjoying so far after making a pressure adjustment.
These are the Extreme Contact Sports 235/40. Got them slightly used. Too cold really to say much...I'll put my other wheels with Michelin PS4 ASs back on.

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
I can't tell from his pics what kind they are, but my last tires were ExtremeContact Sports. I just switched to Indy 500s because they were on sale...so far I think liked the Contis better. Seemed to be a little stickier.
I looked at the Indy's and just couldnt get warm and fuzzy about them. Made me remember when everyone including me ran to put Falkin tires on the car in early 2000's. Lots of straight line grip but the sidewalls just folded over and wore out too fast. These so far after upping the cold PSI are close to PSS in my experience.

These are the Extreme Contact Sports 235/40. Got them slightly used. Too cold really to say much...I'll put my other wheels with Michelin PS4 ASs back on.
10-4. I upped my PSI to 39-40 after reading. Seems to have helped. Did just add RSB so I'm able to push a bit more

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Installed the Osram dynamic indicators. Broke the 2 top clips from the mirror cap on the driver side and broke half a clip on the passenger side. I wanted to drop kick the shit out of both mirrors but that would be costly. I was so gentle when pulling the tabs down but they were so stiff on the driver side, it couldn't be helped.

Other than that, they look great with the BMP Illuminator headlamps.

Still pissed about the broken clips, so I don't even want to look at the car for a while.
lol the problem is you're working on those clips during the winter when they're the most brittle

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I looked at the Indy's and just couldnt get warm and fuzzy about them. Made me remember when everyone including me ran to put Falkin tires on the car in early 2000's. Lots of straight line grip but the sidewalls just folded over and wore out too fast. These so far after upping the cold PSI are close to PSS in my experience.

10-4. I upped my PSI to 39-40 after reading. Seems to have helped. Did just add RSB so I'm able to push a bit more
People like Indy's b/c theyr'e cheap - no other reason. So many tires with much better reviews out there.

RochanaG

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI 6MT
New taillights, bmp illuminators. Still need to wire the harness for the additional features. Ordered these end of November and they came in last Sunday.
20220110_153138.jpg

Overall happy with it but the right side fitment could use some work.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
You’re allowed to pass “school student” vans, right? You don’t have to stop for them like you do for actual buses? Cause that’s what I did today!