GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
20220108_124631.jpg

GODDAMN CAR, YOU'RE NOT MAKING IT EASY WHEN I'M ALREADY HAVING SECOND THOUGHTS!!!

Technically not the car's fault though. Absolutely smashed a pothole going down the Mass Pike. Good news is, I was just on my way back from buying a set of Austin's for a friend. Can peep that on the rear. Had to move the rear one up front, since the Austin's won't clear my brakes. All in the freezing cold, on the side of the highway with a service jack

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
You only need to see it once to confirm e content. Not constant driving data.
Didn't notice that's what it was. I was more looking at the air/fuel ratio gauge in his link.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You were lucky in regards to having that Austin.

Yep. Saves me having to put on the donut.

Put the Austin's on his car, now I have one of his no name 16" winters from his old car on lol. Living that mismatched life. Wheel was dropped off at a local tire place, they ordered a new DWS06 and I'll pick it up Monday. Just hope the rim isn't bent. Looked fine to me, but who knows...

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Did the CRC intake valve cleaner today. Without a borescope, it’s impossible to know if it did anything. But at 58k miles and $10 for the can, it can’t hurt 🤷‍♂️

(Actually I just remembered it was free with my Autozone points)

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Did the CRC intake valve cleaner today. Without a borescope, it’s impossible to know if it did anything. But at 58k miles and $10 for the can, it can’t hurt 🤷‍♂️

(Actually I just remembered it was free with my Autozone points)
Only way to tell was if you did a borescope before and after. Or maybe it feels smoother.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
View attachment 235036
Got this all installed. I followed the CPO guide and drilled the hole where he did, but it makes the wires pinch up when I close it, so not quite too happy about that. Probably a non-issue once I get a pod for it, cause it’s just sitting loose in there now.
Anyone wanna 3d print me a little pod for it? :)

If you know of a file for it, I can print it 🙂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Only way to tell was if you did a borescope before and after. Or maybe it feels smoother.

Probably has reduced knock, smoother idle, and increased throttle response 🤣