GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I have the ECS 2 piece rotors and Brembo ceramic pads and I've never noticed any extra sound from them. Going to need new pads soon with 60,000 miles on this set.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I have the ECS 2 piece rotors and Brembo ceramic pads and I've never noticed any extra sound from them. Going to need new pads soon with 60,000 miles on this set.
Yeah, its potentially a frequency that your ears may not be sensitive to :

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2802451/

It’s pretty common across the board though, first results got People from all platforms noticing it.

https://www.google.com/search?q=slo...KABAbABD8gBCcABAQ&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I have drilled and slotted rotors front/back. Rotors are R1 Concepts, Powerstop Z26 pads up front, some Brembo pad that dusts like CRAZY in the back.

No noise (noticeable to me) except the first couple low speed stops of a drive. Longevity remains to be seen, maybe 10k on the setup so far. I will not be listening for a sound however, haha

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Trimmed dust shields to accommodate the new brakes and then got an alignment.

Interestingly I had gained negative camber all around since my previous alignment, which I found puzzling as I haven’t lowered the car anymore (in fact I raise it recently), but then I realized I moved to a smaller diameter wheel/tire setup since my last alignment, which I believe explains it.

026386CB-1E07-4636-86C5-76B12FFD1213.jpeg

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Need to figure out how to permanently disable this auto start-stop ASAP. This morning I was backing into a parking spot and I guess because I came to a complete stop before putting it into reverse, the engine shut off. Then I shifted into reverse and it turned back on but stuttered and hesitated for a second.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Need to figure out how to permanently disable this auto start-stop ASAP. This morning I was backing into a parking spot and I guess because I came to a complete stop before putting it into reverse, the engine shut off. Then I shifted into reverse and it turned back on but stuttered and hesitated for a second.
It’s an app I’m OBDeleven if you have one

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I have a VCDS cable and the Ross-Tech app on my computer. Pretty much the same thing I think.
Yup! Just recode it to be "off" automatically when you start your car.