GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

aeozyalcin1

Passed Driver's Ed
Must be frustrating on the morning, hope you get your cup of coffee before.

(Had similar problem once on my previous car, but it was mostly because of some DIY I did while listening music a whole afternoon...)

Do you know the cause of this "surprised" discharge ?
It was definitely not the lights. I noticed my OBD11 was plugged in, and I suspect that's what killed it.

Weird thing is, my needles got stuck during the gauge sweep sequence, and made a loud clicking noise when trying to return to the 0 position. Also my screen in gauge cluster came on, however backlight was dimmed. I am surprised electronics in the car don't have undervoltage lockout...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thibault China

Ready to race!
It was definitely not the lights. I noticed my OBD11 was plugged in, and I suspect that's what killed it.

Weird thing is, my needles got stuck during the gauge sweep sequence, and made a loud clicking noise when trying to return to the 0 position. Also my screen in gauge cluster came on, however backlight was dimmed. I am surprised electronics in the car don't have undervoltage lockout...

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
Yes, I heard that most obd dongles keep using electricity even when you turn ignition off and close the car. I don't have kessy system but I guess it could be tricky if it's not closed well or if you let the keep nearby with the dongles plugged...maybe you're car was still waiting you to come play since you let her parked ^^.

With battery discharged, can use mostly all lights and stuff in the car, it's the Amperage that is problematic for the starter and if many things turn on at the same time like a sweep sequence + some lights at the same time. Maybe that's why the needles get stucked and made some funny noises when trying to go back at their place.
I wouldn't worry about it. Just the battery to make sur a recharge is enough or if need a new one.
The last battery I changed was on my Soul after only 2y1/2...

Mk7CarbonSteel

Passed Driver's Ed
Yesterday I performed the free wonder mod...and I must say that the clutch feels 100x better. If you have a manual transmission, I highly recommend.

Hackett896

Passed Driver's Ed
Adaptation

So my OBD11 came in while I was out of country, but set me up to have some fun this afternoon. I was able to properly adapt the following in a very short amount of time:

1) Lower Passenger Mirror on Reverse

2) Lower All Windows from Key Remote

3) Hatch Pop Activation

4) Confort Open Sunroof instead of tilt

5) Rear Light Coding (both inner and outer now work on break, blink and hazard)

I will post videos of the lower windows on key remote as soon as I can roll down the windows (just got tinted), and I will post video of lights tonight since I want to do the video at night.:):)

RubiksQu

Ready to race!
Nice touch, and not fancy. Looks OEM.
(Just not 100% straight but I guess you'll arrange that soon)

Thanks! I tired to straighten it while I was putting it on but some part of the rubber stripe is bent and is hard to bent back again. I will just leave it as is or put on a new one later on.

greypanter

Ready to race!

Stitched the alcantara steering wheel cover from AliExpress took me about 3 hours to install it not my best work but it'll do

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

gundamg14

Ready to race!

Stitched the alcantara steering wheel cover from AliExpress took me about 3 hours to install it not my best work but it'll do

That looks great how did you stitch the bottom part where the GTI lettering is found?

Zacr811

Ready to race!

Very nice.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!

Suntek PPF on the hood, headlights, side mirrors, bumper, and fenders. This stuff is amazing. I want to do my whole car but it's just not worth the money.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion

Suntek PPF on the hood, headlights, side mirrors, bumper, and fenders. This stuff is amazing. I want to do my whole car but it's just not worth the money.

How much did this set you back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Zacr811

Ready to race!
How much did this set you back

My car was used to teach some people how to apply PPF. It was all done by a professional, they just needed a car to do it on. So I only had to cover the cost of the film. Let's just say it was very cheap compared to what is ussualy costs.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
My car was used to teach some people how to apply PPF. It was all done by a professional, they just needed a car to do it on. So I only had to cover the cost of the film. Let's just say it was very cheap compared to what is ussualy costs.

Dang very lucky! I have been getting quotes of 650+ and I'm cheap so it's hard to commit.