GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
beaides the lack of LED headlights...
Yeah for 2020/2021 you have to get the premium rline for them to be on the car - so from $33,500 to $44,500…

After driving my car with the LED heads for the last 3 years, just the 20 min I was behind this wheel, I think I said out loud 5-6 times how much I hated the view and color I was seeing 😂

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah for 2020/2021 you have to get the premium rline for them to be on the car - so from $33,500 to $44,500…

After driving my car with the LED heads for the last 3 years, just the 20 min I was behind this wheel, I think I said out loud 5-6 times how much I hated the view and color I was seeing 😂

We do an annual night autocross every August. First year I did it was 2015 in my Miata with halogen headlights. It was like driving by braille.

The GTI with LED lights up the course like it's daytime.

We do 3 runs in afternoon, 3 runs at night and add the best from day and night. Those with crappy headlights will be a second or 2 slower at night.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
We do an annual night autocross every August. First year I did it was 2015 in my Miata with halogen headlights. It was like driving by braille.

We do 3 runs in afternoon, 3 runs at night and add the best from day and night. Those with crappy headlights will be a second or 2 slower at night.

I just ranted about how good these lights are in my running review thread, and came here to see this.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
In Scotland at the moment and found my twin! (/inspiration). The blue plaid interior is killer, wish we got that here.
18263819-996B-4CEC-AA6B-31CF5EF2CE7D.jpeg

E6DA360F-C780-4B92-A2D6-ADA2AE47C41F.jpeg

Also wish we got this very nice shade of red, would love this on a GTI to R.
C79B15C0-FE46-48DB-B052-72CF4CD3C4B7.jpeg

Seen several MK8 regular Golfs in person as well. No MK8 GTIs yet but keeping an eye out. So many cool cars here we don’t get. The Scirocco Rs are the best! Would love to own one.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
In Scotland at the moment and found my twin! (/inspiration). The blue plaid interior is killer, wish we got that here.
View attachment 224582
View attachment 224584

Also wish we got this very nice shade of red, would love this on a GTI to R. View attachment 224585

Seen several MK8 regular Golfs in person as well. No MK8 GTIs yet but keeping an eye out. So many cool cars here we don’t get. The Scirocco Rs are the best! Would love to own one.
Just tease us about the blue plaid. 😂

ECNMY R

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
R, RS3, GTS 4.0
I've repeatedly toyed with the idea of having my R seats done in the blue plaid (can buy rolls of it on eBay) but I worry it'll end up looking that bunched-up 90s minitruck aftermarket upholstery way.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Those are really nice. Thank you.
The problem ends up being that VW doesn't sell all the covers together. Or at least I could never find a part number that includes all of the covers. Plus their color descriptions are always terrible and change year to year even when the pattern doesn't. Matching up the foam part numbers isn't that bad so you can figure out which seats are the same shape... and there aren't that many shapes anyway. But the covers, uggghh.

When I got the seats for my car I just imported a full set, found them on eBay (.de I think) and messaged the seller. Seller was in the Netherlands and they shipped them FedEx in a crate, bolted down and without airbags of course. Arranged everything via WhatsApp, Netherlands to Los Angeles in less than a week, delivered to a business address.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

I can barely do it in the day. Can't imagine at night.