GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Nice. Looks like Nardo Gray. What is that?
Thanks, it's wrapped in gloss Nardo Grey by Inozetek.
wow, nice winter setup lol.Are those RSE-05’s? 17x8? I am thinking about those for my Alltracks summer wheels😊
Thanks! Yes those are 17x8 RSE05's. They make a great lightweight setup (17lbs) and they clear my TT-S calipers without spacers.

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Got my rear look finished. A helpful forum member helped me realize I could get the AKD led tails to fit much better than I had first thought. Just working on some coding.

Oettinger spoiler
Tcr diffuser
Acexxon reflect delete in gloss
AKD led tails
Vinylmod emblem gloss black accent
Burger black billet tips

20201021_172913.jpg

Last edited:

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Got my rear look finished. A helpful forum member helped me realize I could get the AKD led tails to fit much better than I had first thought. Just working on some coding.

Oettinger spoiler
Tcr diffuser
AKD led tails
Burger black billet tips

View attachment 189454
+1 on the reflector deletes. Also are those tail LEDs Orange or was your left indicator on? They look nice either way.

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC

Oettinger spoiler
Tcr diffuser
AKD led tails
Burger black billet tips

That looks great. Are the tails grey when not illuminated? Can you take pictures with them off too? This is all I could find about them on google.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/328...-wlbRBG0ANoEMHzLy3caAgrbEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Thanks uberdot! I can truly appreciate the car now.

The color of the LEDs is definitely red in person, chalk it up to poor white balance from my phone.

I will grab some pictures with the lights off tomorrow. They look good off, not just black.

I bought the smoke because I figured I couldn't lose, if they were great then I had the look I wanted. If they sucked then I would get the oem eu tails instead of the AKD

Ghost GTI

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'19 GTI SE DSG

Oettinger spoiler
Tcr diffuser
AKD led tails
Burger black billet tips

View attachment 189454
How's the diffuser install? Straight fit?

Also, I noticed that's the replica Oettinger. How was the fitment on yours?

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
How's the diffuser install? Straight fit?

Also, I noticed that's the replica Oettinger. How was the fitment on yours?

Diffuser is plug and play if you get kit from ecs with the little blocks. I have the blackout plates as well but I have decided if I want to install or not. They don't seem necessary.

This is a genuine oettinger spoiler, purchased from the dealer and painted by one of the top autobodies in the boston area. I considered the knock off ones momentarily but didnt think I could get away without paint and the unpainted oettinger was only like $450 shipped.

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Diffuser is plug and play if you get kit from ecs with the little blocks. I have the blackout plates as well but I have decided if I want to install or not. They don't seem necessary.
How hard was the install? That diffuser looks awesome.