GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Mounted my 235/45/17 PS4S on Fast FC04 17x8 et45. 37 degrees this morning but I was tired of waiting. Stock hub diameter, stock lug bolts is really nice. No hub rings and of course zero vibe at speed.

No pics because I don't care and its pollen season here so everything is yellow.

There is an immediate perceptible dampness increase to the suspension with the extra sidewall. Really nice comfort. I'll start digging into second gear pulls when it warms up and see how much traction I really gained.

cb1111

I'm just now learning this....thanks imthanick! Can't really tell the reason (film, weather, combination), but it's enough for me to most likely yank after my long trip, as mentioned above for the primary reason for using them currently.

So tell me the difference between PPF and lamin-x.....material used?

Lamin-X is thicker and stiffer than PPF, so it doesn't expand and contract as well - at least that's the common theory. I've not heard of any problems with PPF although it is theoretically illegal as well.

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
From what I have seen, the reason why most people get tint on headlights is because they are too cheap to buy the higher trim cars with the proper HID/LED painted headlights on the inside and want to tone down the old flash light reflectors for their halogens.

If protection is what you want, I too would just get a roll of quality clearbra and wrap it.
Laminex does cause cracking and burning of the lens. I’ve seen it in person.

Navi

Autocross Champion
From what I have seen, the reason why most people get tint on headlights is because they are too cheap to buy the higher trim cars with the proper HID/LED painted headlights on the inside and want to tone down the old flash light reflectors for their halogens.

:confused: :confused:
what?

did you ever think some people might actually like that look? I'm not sure it all comes down to people being cheap. Good assumption though.

Buster_Bluth

Passed Driver's Ed
(Technically I did this two days ago...)

Klii white badge underlay and red Badgeskins GTI badge:

Badgeskins side badge inlay:

Badgeskins red mirror accent:

Small Badgeskins for steering wheel:

Badgeskins overlay for power button and airbag light:

Visor Badgeskins:

Start button overlay and red ring:

Klii plaid inlay for front badge:

Aluminum rear door sill plates:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

If protection is what you want, I too would just get a roll of quality clearbra and wrap it.
Laminex does cause cracking and burning of the lens. I’ve seen it in person.

Easy there fella....I have an SE WITH the higher trim headlights. This was two parts.....protection and possible look. I think the recommendation is overwhelming to move over to a clearbra solution.

robmarktoo

Ready to race!
Got my summers (Conti EC Sport+) put back on yesterday along with an oil change at 7250miles since last. Feels like a brand new car again. Didn't realize how bad my oil was already. I do a lot of short trips, I'm assuming thats why it was down a quart or so and kinda dark. It would have sucked to keep it for the full 10k interval. Engine feels so much happier.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
(Technically I did this two days ago...)

Klii white badge underlay and red Badgeskins GTI badge:

Badgeskins side badge inlay:

Badgeskins red mirror accent:

Small Badgeskins for steering wheel:

Badgeskins overlay for power button and airbag light:

Visor Badgeskins:

Start button overlay and red ring:

Klii plaid inlay for front badge:

Aluminum rear door sill plates:

LOVE how you tied it all together with those badgeskins.....nicely done

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Not today, but over a 3.5-day weekend:

The wife and I drove 1600 miles RT to York Beach, ME. I bought a set of Nogaro wheels along the way. I'll have them refinished like my current set. Here's a few photos...

Our route -

Experimenting with a tablet -

One of the hotel parking lots -

Sunrise in York Beach (see Nubble Lighthouse in the distance?) -

I hope to knock out the rest of the CONUS before it's time to retire the car. It'll take more dedication now that I no longer have the USCG sending me around the country. :cool:

mopar22

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
16 GTI

The wife and I drove 1600 miles RT to York Beach, ME. I bought a set of Nogaro wheels along the way. I'll have them refinished like my current set. Here's a few photos...

Our route -

Experimenting with a tablet -

One of the hotel parking lots -

Sunrise in York Beach (see Nubble Lighthouse in the distance?) -

I hope to knock out the rest of the CONUS before it's time to retire the car. It'll take more dedication now that I no longer have the USCG sending me around the country. :cool:

BTW if you ever head up to the north east again and you are in newport news just take 17n up to fredrickburg. Super easy ride and no traffic other then a small town or two and very little traffic lights past gloucester. You wont hit any traffic till you hop back onto 95n which will split into the 3 lanes not long after

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

Our route -

Pretty neat presentation.

Driving through Connecticut sucks balls right? :p