GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

edrex

Ready to race!
They can be found on AliExpress also. I have them in black. Aside from some confusion on my part during install, they have been great.

thez99

Go Kart Champion
The 7.5 has open ends on both air ducts already... must not be too much of an issue imo

Yes the 7.5 has open areas on the lower fascia, NOT the intake scoops, those are still open passenger side closer drivers side like before.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I did this on my mk7 gti even put the block behind the passenger side of the intake haven’t had any problems. It a cheap cold air intake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This. In fact, I think it's a truer CAI than those multi hundred dollar contraptions that are pulling hot engine bay air and are marketed as CAIs.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Sunroof/windows down with fob
ASR/ESC off
CH/LH as fogs
Throttle pedal response
Stop/start deactivation - hated this thing
Mirror Dip
Heated Seats Memory
Sound Actor - killed this thing
XDS - strong
Comfort turn signal

Dashboard theme wouldn't work for me for some reason though

Last edited:

pricej6361

Ready to race!
Big day for the car. Received and installed my 8" screen upgrade, OEM LED tails (and harnesses, activated amber turns). Couple days ago was the JB4. Feeling like a different car!

KyACRASH

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI 6MT, 04 R32
Big day for the car. Received and installed my 8" screen upgrade, OEM LED tails (and harnesses, activated amber turns). Couple days ago was the JB4. Feeling like a different car!

Nice! Where did you buy the screen from? I've had a hard time finding one without the "Nav" button.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

pricej6361

Ready to race!
Nice! Where did you buy the screen from? I've had a hard time finding one without the "Nav" button.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

https://eurozonetuning.com/products...-screen-retrofit-kit-non-nav-non-voice-button

I don't think they have the ones with the voice button anymore, but I never used it anyway so didn't make a difference to me. You might be able to save a few bucks by going the ebay route, but Bill at Eurozone is awesome. I paid 641 out the door for the screen, bezel, radio removal clips and the soft pry tools. Pictures don't really do it justice, it is massive in the car.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Installed the Deautokey front & rear footwell led kit. Only got the white color.

All photos were taken with the same manual exposure settings, so that there's a fair comparison between brightness. I forgot to remove the auto white balance, but the color temperature of the stock LEDs and the aftermarket are the same.

2 pics of the LED footwells that came with my car: one taken from outside, where you can see the red door sill light, and then the other is from the driver's seat. You can barely see anything.

4 pics of the Deautokey footwells: 2 are from the same angles as above. 1 by the rear door to show the front and rear footwell lights. 1 from above the rear center headrest to show the rear footwell.

Keep in mind: when the doors are open, the footwells are at 100% brightness. That's stock behavior. My original footwell lighting setting of the stock LEDs were set to 60% brightness via the infotainment settings. In order to match that brightness level, the Deautokey LEDs are set to 20% via the infotainment settings.

My gripe: the rear footwell LED strips they provide have a slightly brighter output than the front LEDs. They really should have the same output. But right now, if the fronts are at 20%, you can imagine that the rears are at 30-40%. Kind of annoying.

At least driving around the block, I didn't notice any glow coming from the rear. I'd have to specifically turn my head and look down to see any light emitted by the rear footwell strips.

This isn't going to appeal to everyone, but I'm liking them so far. 20190208_165934-800x600.jpeg20190208_170134-800x600.jpeg20190208_174034-800x600.jpeg20190208_174213-800x600.jpeg20190208_174117-800x600.jpeg20190208_183056-01-800x600.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Follow-up to this:
Used OBDeleven to change the footwell brightness when the doors are open.
I got tired of how bright the footwell lights were with the doors open because, like I said, they're at 100% brightness at that moment. And as mentioned, the deautokey footwell lights at 20% brightness equal the OEM ones at 60% brightness.

Going off of memory for those interested:
09-Central Electronics > Leuchte30FR LC72-Dimmwert AB 30. Default value should be '100'. You can change it to any value between 0 - 127. I checked, and '127' did make the footwell lights brighter than when it was on '100'.

Last edited:

GTI_Mitchell

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2015 GTI S w/ PP
Footwell lights

Haha I also just finished a footwell light install! Except I cheaped out and sourced the parts myself from SuperBrightLeds. I used a red LED strip and cut it into sections. Soldered up some "harnesses" and routed the rears under the front carpet (that's a pain in the ass). Really happy with how it turned out!

Attachments

• IMG_4942.JPG
    IMG_4942.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_9644.JPG
    IMG_9644.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 604
  • IMG_0722.JPG
    IMG_0722.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 599
  • IMG_4966.JPG
    IMG_4966.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 618

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Haha I also just finished a footwell light install! Except I cheaped out and sourced the parts myself from SuperBrightLeds. I used a red LED strip and cut it into sections. Soldered up some "harnesses" and routed the rears under the front carpet (that's a pain in the ass). Really happy with how it turned out!

Holy crap lol. You definitely put in more effort than I did, and I honestly wish I were savvy enough to do what you did! I love how yours turned out. My lazy self didn't even bother tucking wires throughout the door sills; I just cheated and went under my floor mats haha.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk