GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Just ordered the silver ones from Amazon. Just couldn’t pull they trigger on the 200.00+ high end ones. How long did they take for delivery?

Mine arrived today. So just over a week.

For the life of me, I can’t get them to fit though (2016 GTI). Fiddled with them for way too long. The inner tabs hit against the back of the wheel and so the holes don’t line up properly.

Stock ones came off and went back on without any problems.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Very easy to remove, just pull the pin straight out from the underside with needle nose pliers. It pulls out from the bottom side, not the top side. The holes are different sizes.

Installing was a bit more difficult though, I had to slowly trim some plastic from the little stop-tab on the steering wheel with an exacto knife to get a perfect fit and slide the pin back in. You won't know what I mean unless you experience it yourself.

Not difficult to do, just an awkward angle to get at it to trim with the steering wheel mounted in the car. About 15 minutes of minor plastic trimming of the little tabs that retain the paddles and some wiggling to get the pin back in so it works like butter.

The more expensive versions may not require the plastic tab trimming and just pop right in. It really was a minor thing though.

The arrow points at the slot where the trimmed plastic tab I'm talking about goes into if you have a problem aligning the pin on installation-

Crap I wish I had seen this post previously. It seems to me that the inside tabs are just a hair too long and they rub against the back wheel trim. So they’re just not aligned correctly.

I’m not interested in trimming the plastic of the socket they’re supposed to fit into. These will be going back tomorrow.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
The ones i bought from AliExpress went right on without any trimming at all and I totally suck at doing this stuff, it took 5 minutes tops! They were a great add.

Are these the ones that have a white logo of some sort on them?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Just put in my EQT turbo

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Thoarax

Passed Driver's Ed
Mine arrived today. So just over a week.

For the life of me, I can’t get them to fit though (2016 GTI). Fiddled with them for way too long. The inner tabs hit against the back of the wheel and so the holes don’t line up properly.

Stock ones came off and went back on without any problems.

I watched a video install of the racing line version of this and the guy who did it put the outer tab in then rotated it in towards where the pin goes through.

The other guy who got them said he had to trim the wheel to get them to install. I will let you know how it goes for me.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I watched a video install of the racing line version of this and the guy who did it put the outer tab in then rotated it in towards where the pin goes through.

The other guy who got them said he had to trim the wheel to get them to install. I will let you know how it goes for me.

Thx. I’d appreciate that

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

Attachments

• Tips.jpg
    Tips.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 594

ShadowClon3

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Retrofit MIB2.5 is possible, but not really cheap. My car was MIB1 originally too.

Thanks for the answer but it's not what i meant:p, i already have the MIB2.5 i was asking if i can do the firmware update/s by my self or do i need ODIS for it.

Thanks.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Thanks for the answer but it's not what i meant:p, i already have the MIB2.5 i was asking if i can do the firmware update/s by my self or do i need ODIS for it.

Ahhhhhh ok :)

Yeah you need VCP or ODIS for this.
Your dealer can do it too. I can highly recommend updating, it brings a lot of new features. And... it seems to de-fog my windshield much much much better now!!

Thoarax

Passed Driver's Ed
Thx. I’d appreciate that

From looking at the picture you posted, the tab on the left side is larger than the one on the OEM paddle. If this is the case with mine, I will probably just file both edges down to the size of the original instead of cutting the plastic on the actual wheel.

Will still keep you informed.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Interesting, wasn’t aware of this turbo upgrade and the price is very reasonable!

What tune are you planning on using?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I have been on ed maestro since I went is38, the is38 finally went out so here I am with the EQT

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Tonight I spent a lot of time in my car, with one of my coding guru friends.
We did some work on the Gateway module, flashing various firmwares and datasets to see what would happen. After some time we suddenly had something VERY strange... Besides the regular driving GTE/hybrid/electric/charge profiles, all other driving profiles became available too... see the vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJE1PYGD9KE

:D