GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Alpinee30

Go Kart Newbie
Dropped the Gearbox to do the slave DKM Slave didn't last too long. Luckly the Disc and Pressure plate didn't get fluid on them.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
My buddy has a DKM, and he's gone through 3 TOBs in only 3 years. No driver mod issue either.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I'm running DKM STAGE 2 MB clutch kit, I got used to it by now... I did have Southbend as the previous setup.... I will most definitely go back to Southbend.... Not liking the DKM clutch but I got used to it... as a Pro stick shift driver, you end up getting used to it and manage.

For those debating between DKM or Southbend... pick Southbend.... unless you want DKM and know how it feels by driving someone elses MK6 with DKM installed.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
this is how it looks without the INJEN heat-shield... the intake air filter is on tight and the air intake is screwed on tight.

RIP INJEN heat-shield... lasted more than 5 years...
INJEN sent me a BRAND NEW head-shield under-warranty! THANK YOU INJEN TECHNOLOGY!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Changed the oil today. Haven’t driven it since Jan 8th. Beautiful day to go for a drive.

IMG_2089.jpeg

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion
hows the redline engine oil? better than Liqui Moly and MOTUL?

Love it, not sure how it compares to the other 2. Redline is a group 5 Ester based oil not sure if LM or Motul are. Is it better? Idk, any quality oil is going to be good but spec wise group 5 oils are the “best”.

Alpinee30

Go Kart Newbie
Consider Clutchmasters and Southbend
I would consider Clutch Master. I thought about an FX250 or 300.

I'm running DKM STAGE 2 MB clutch kit, I got used to it by now... I did have Southbend as the previous setup.... I will most definitely go back to Southbend.... Not liking the DKM clutch but I got used to it... as a Pro stick shift driver, you end up getting used to it and manage. For those debating between DKM or Southbend... pick Southbend.... unless you want DKM and know how it feels by driving someone elses MK6 with DKM installed.
It feels fine to me Just firmer the engagement is awesome, but I haven't compared it to anything else in this platform.

Last time it went in for an alignment the tech loved the pedal feel. Mentions how smooth engagement and you could feel it .
I wouldn't say it feels bad it seems to be your take from your wording.

there TOB leaks it may have about a year and a half I didn't track milage. It seems common for the MK7 guys as well.
Replacing that before you began negates any money saved.

What don't you like and are you comparing it to a daily clutch from SB?

PunchBuggy

Passed Driver's Ed
Installed a hatch pop kit from ECS. Was quite simple and our car comes with the remote already set to pop once installed. Added feature the lights do a funky routine when opening the hatch. I'm loving the mod !!

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Installed a hatch pop kit from ECS. Was quite simple and our car comes with the remote already set to pop once installed. Added feature the lights do a funky routine when opening the hatch. I'm loving the mod !!

Oooooh what's the OBD11 coding for the hatch lights? I've got a pop kit sitting in the basement, was thinking about putting it on this weekend.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I would consider Clutch Master. I thought about an FX250 or 300.

It feels fine to me Just firmer the engagement is awesome, but I haven't compared it to anything else in this platform.

Last time it went in for an alignment the tech loved the pedal feel. Mentions how smooth engagement and you could feel it .
I wouldn't say it feels bad it seems to be your take from your wording.

there TOB leaks it may have about a year and a half I didn't track milage. It seems common for the MK7 guys as well.
Replacing that before you began negates any money saved.

What don't you like and are you comparing it to a daily clutch from SB?

I personally didn't like the engagement at first (DKM STAGE 2 MB), but after several months, I got used to it.
It's not as forgiving (easy to slip clutch) as SBC's and I like SBC engagement point a lot better. I guess this is due to the fact I went from SBC to DKM... even tho DKM is rated for more power.

Yes I am comparing to a daily stage 2 SBC. I picked DKM because I wanted to try a different brand clutch and the price point is better than SBC.

I don't have the TOB leaking at all. I would've noticed.
Symptoms are brake fluid level drops and pedal sticks to the ground, right?

I'm trying my best to limit the amount of times I drive my MK6 because I want to keep the maintenance low as possible.
But it's soooo hard. A fun car to drive and shift gears in.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
I personally didn't like the engagement at first (DKM STAGE 2 MB), but after several months, I got used to it.
It's not as forgiving (easy to slip clutch) as SBC's and I like SBC engagement point a lot better. I guess this is due to the fact I went from SBC to DKM... even tho DKM is rated for more power.

Yes I am comparing to a daily stage 2 SBC. I picked DKM because I wanted to try a different brand clutch and the price point is better than SBC.

I don't have the TOB leaking at all. I would've noticed.
Symptoms are brake fluid level drops and pedal sticks to the ground, right?

I'm trying my best to limit the amount of times I drive my MK6 because I want to keep the maintenance low as possible.
But it's soooo hard. A fun car to drive and shift gears in.
A WOT pull a day keeps the carbon away

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
A WOT pull a day keeps the carbon away
LOL yes indeed!

I drive it every 3 - 5 days, I don't let it sit parked in my underground garage for more than 7-8 days MAX as it can cause problems.
I drive it when it's not raining. I try real hard to keep moisture away. Definitely not winter driven.