GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Not surprising but I'm not worried about it. The same thing happened to the shifter parts I ordered but they still came in pretty quick. Besides I won't be installing the brakes until I get the coilovers in hand so it all goes in at once. I'm basically stock piling parts for the VW while I work some maintenance items on my trail rig(camping season isn't that far away).
I'm in the same boat. It could ship in 2 months and not really affect anything for me at all either.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
My car has run well for the last couple thousand miles so I’m back to liking it again. Maybe offering up that rear stress bar to the Volkswagen gods will appease them and bless me with a few dozen thousand miles of happy driving.

Last edited:

smanierre

Autocross Champion

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
They have a lot of tools on sale for 50% off as well. I’m sure they’re all of acceptable quality for those of us who don’t rely on their tools to earn a living.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Answered my own question, from an old Hyde review of the equivalent Tyrolsport product…

Initially, I made sure to test the Stage 1 Carbon Fiber Bar first to measure the impact vs. the Stage 2 Carbon Fiber Bar. As expected, the Stage 1 Carbon Fiber Bar provided the largest overall change. Adding the Stage 2 Carbon Fiber bar triangulates the energy from the Stage 1 Carbon Fiber Bar but I was hard pressed to feel an incremental difference after it was added.

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/inde...eviews-tyrolsport-mk5-mk6-hatch-brace.288166/

I guess I won’t bother, even at 50% off it sounds like it’s probably not worth it.

g-magoo

Autocross Champion
I bet triangulating them does stiffen it further, but I'd imagine you see a larger difference initially when the two opposing points are connected vs. triangulating them afterwards. That being said, I bought the single ECS bar.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
I bet triangulating them does stiffen it further, but I'd imagine you see a larger difference initially when the two opposing points are connected vs. triangulating them afterwards. That being said, I bought the single ECS bar.
Yeah definitely… but at this point in my car’s life I can only really justify “bang for the buck” upgrades, and if the single does 90% I can’t really talk myself into more than doubling the price of the upgrade for that last 10%.

HeloHarmonics

Ready to race!
Ok they got me too with that sale price... :LOL: After 7 years of owning this car I shouldn't be spending any more money on mods lol. Already shipped (although via FedEx so you know it's gonna be late). I already have the unibrace UB, which I could absolutely feel the improvement from. Hopefully this complements that brace.

In other news... Have any of you checked out the prices sites like carvana are asking for mk6 GTIs? Saw one listed for only $2k less than what I paid for my car (same trim, color, wheels) in december 2014 (mine had 17k miles at the time, this one has 60k). The car market is so wild right now.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
We broke ECS. They dialed back the discount.
They sold enough of something they didnt have to use the money to buy bitcoin to make their money back when it moonshots. Change my mind.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion
Today I...

- disabled TPMS as I believe one of the sensors ran out of juice and died, keeping the light on which was annoying on my otherwise light free cluster
- switched from headlights to fog lights for my DRLs
- one of those rear shelf string support things broke at the bottom... hooked the line around a paperclip that I jammed into the rubber ball; shelf now goes up with the hatch again
- ordered some new stretch bolts so I can clean and lubricate my squeaky urethane bushings
- ordered a fresh OEM dogbone; the solid APR dogbone is nice, but I'm not really taking advantage of it puttering around on the street; I can swap it back in for track days and mountain runs as it's only three bolts and easy to get to

My car has developed a lot of NVH, trying to cut down on some of that.

Last edited:

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Slapped on a color matched Klii Motorwerkes steering wheel badge insert. Can’t go wrong with +5 HP.

Attachments

• A3C85576-CA59-463C-B0B5-669E9D7394C4.jpeg
    A3C85576-CA59-463C-B0B5-669E9D7394C4.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50