GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Woohoo! One of the amazing Christmas gifts from my girlfriend

Just the tip. 🤣

Going to wait until Spring to put them on.

Attachments

• 59D1BFBD-C37C-4BA6-B032-9FE67D01E16B.jpeg
    59D1BFBD-C37C-4BA6-B032-9FE67D01E16B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 66
  • E5CB8214-F421-477D-BE04-738AF987945A.jpeg
    E5CB8214-F421-477D-BE04-738AF987945A.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 64

spacecity.gti

Sortaflush
New rotors and pads. Nothing fancy, just some Zimmerman rotors and ATE ceramic pads.

torga

Autocross Champion
Oh yeah, forgot to share this last week when it happened. Spent a big chunk of the week visiting family, so all my worldly concerns melted away for a bit.

This lil bumper piece just flew off while omw home from work Tuesday last week. Neat. Or perhaps some debris smacked it off? Because I don't remember seeing any significant scape underneath this cover, and now there is. Any idea what it's called? Isn't that where the Euro washer goes?

PXL_20211221_233700583.jpg

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Oh yeah, forgot to share this last week when it happened. Spent a big chunk of the week visiting family, so all my worldly concerns melted away for a bit.

This lil bumper piece just flew off while omw home from work Tuesday last week. Neat. Or perhaps some debris smacked it off? Because I don't remember seeing any significant scape underneath this cover, and now there is. Any idea what it's called? Isn't that where the Euro washer goes?

View attachment 233777
Yea, that's the headlight washer cover. I wonder if someone stole and damaged it with a screw driver or whatever they used to pry it out. It's kind of a pain in the ass to replace since they only come primed.

torga

Autocross Champion
Yea, that's the headlight washer cover. I wonder if someone stole and damaged it with a screw driver or whatever they used to pry it out. It's kind of a pain in the ass to replace since they only come primed.

.... who steals these? I guess people who lost them, like me. Such a specific theft.

I'm 100% sure that it was on my car when I left for work. I can't say for certain that it was installed when I got in my car to go home, but my work lot is underground and in a non-sketch part of town. Nothing's impossible... but this kind of weird, goofy theft is pretty unlikely in my work lot.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
.... who steals these? I guess people who lost them, like me. Such a specific theft.

I'm 100% sure that it was on my car when I left for work. I can't say for certain that it was installed when I got in my car to go home, but my work lot is underground and in a non-sketch part of town. Nothing's impossible... but this kind of weird, goofy theft is pretty unlikely in my work lot.
Yea, I dunno, but I guess people like to steal those and tow hook covers. https://www.reddit.com/r/GolfGTI/comments/kpke7t
It could have been knocked off too though. I forget what I was doing. I was either just trying to wedge something between the cover and the bumper to get the wax out or I was trying to remove the cover to get the excess wax off. Damn thing popped right off. The brittle plastic tabs broke, so I got some epoxy and glued it down. I could see a hard enough hit popping that thing right off.

torga

Autocross Champion
It could have been knocked off too though. I forget what I was doing. I was either just trying to wedge something between the cover and the bumper to get the wax out or I was trying to remove the cover to get the excess wax off. Damn thing popped right off. The brittle plastic tabs broke, so I got some epoxy and glued it down. I could see a hard enough hit popping that thing right off.

I'm thinking that could've happen because one of the clips was still installed. Maybe something struck it on the highway and that was enough to snap the cover from the clips.

Found the part. $20 from ECS or $22 from FCP. But I'd have to pay shipping for either. Or I could pickup at my local dealer for just $27. Sucks that I'll have to paint. Think I'll just rattle can and clear. My bumper does not deserve a professionally painted washer cap, not without a full respray anyway.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion

View attachment 233777

These things suck to replace. I lost one on my rep R bumper on my last Mk6, had a replacement just 3D printed and sanded to shape, then painted.

I'm thinking that could've happen because one of the clips was still installed. Maybe something struck it on the highway and that was enough to snap the cover from the clips.

Found the part. $20 from ECS or $22 from FCP. But I'd have to pay shipping for either. Or I could pickup at my local dealer for just $27. Sucks that I'll have to paint. Think I'll just rattle can and clear. My bumper does not deserve a professionally painted washer cap, not without a full respray anyway.

:(

Whats the part number lol

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
No way it just fell out

torga

Autocross Champion
These things suck to replace. I lost one on my rep R bumper on my last Mk6, had a replacement just 3D printed and sanded to shape, then painted.

Whats the part number lol
Right side cover for GTI bumper is 5K0955110HGRU.

No way it just fell out
Anything can happen. It's been weirdly cold up here, maybe some debris smacked it and the clip broke just right.

Could also have been some fucko in my work lot, but I have my doubts. That's the only place it could've possibly been nicked.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion