GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird jerky engine feeling? Lol

Jdubz

Passed Driver's Ed
So I’ve noticed lately. That when cruising. Let’s say 35 mph in 3rs gear. When letting off the gas it almost feels as if it’s choppy. As if I were in first gear driving in a parking lot and the rpms are getting up. And you let off the gas and it’s a little rocky. Is that making any sense? Lol. It also feels the same letting back on the gas. I feel like I’ve done a bad job of explaining

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You're right you did a bad job of explaining. I guess that's a manual trans you're talking about. Maybe it's too slow of speed for the gear you're in and you let off the throttle abruptly and feel it bucking.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Choppy as in how I read your post with all those excessive periods? haha

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
How many miles in your car? Any mods? It would be great if you could make a video of the issue.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
What year is the car?

Jdubz

Passed Driver's Ed
Manual transmission. About 57 thousand like and only modifications are intake and Borla catback so far. I’m not sure if it’s been doing this for a while and I’m just noticing. Or it’s relatively new. I’ll have to search about motor mounts

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
Definitely mounts. I have the same issue. Either upgrade the mounts of deal with the jerking lol

zero10

Ready to race!
35mph in 3rd gear is right about 2000-2200RPM? If so it's the intake runners. This drives me crazy because it bucks moderately hard at somewhere around 10-20% throttle, which seems to be exactly the range required to hold a steady speed on flat ground.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Are you experiencing this more with the A/C on? Because I've noticed it more lately as well. Although I know usually it's caused by the burbles in my tune, although that'd be either in 1st or higher in the RPMs than 35 in 3rd

Jdubz

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah bucking would be the best way to describe 🙃🙃 I’ve heard people complain about the engine mounts before. Maybe a stupid question but could it be clutch related? I mean it doesn’t slip or anything. It’s more so annoying than anything. Just hoping it won’t turn into something worse