GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wedssport SA-10R

myonlygti

Car(s)
gti mk7.5
I'm looking for new wheels for my mk7.5 GTI. I found the Neuspeed RSE102 that I like but I did not want 19". I stumbled onto the SA-10R the other day and it looks interesting to me. They are made in Japan and have the proper wheel certificates. They are flow formed using their AMF process. I have not been able to find any real info on these wheels from the mk7 forums. Is anyone familiar with this wheel or the company?

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
There's a thread about them, probably in this section, actually. Consider Apex and Titan as well.

myonlygti

Car(s)
gti mk7.5
Dude - I did see a drivingline article that was posted... I was hoping to get some first hand info. I didn't know Apex had a wheel for the MK7; I'll check them out. I had seen Titan7 mentioned in some Audi and Porsche forums. It seemed some thought the wheels weren't as good as they seemed and I did not see any independent certifications for the wheels...so I was left undecided. Do you have any experience with them?

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Apex is developing a couple wheels, should drop next month or two, and titan has a couple fitments as well, although I do think the apex fitment is more dialed. it's only a millimeter or two different, but right is right.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
I have some Titan7 wheels on my other car (Miata) and like them, the quality is great and haven't had any issues. They're a great price for being fully forged.

myonlygti

Car(s)
gti mk7.5
So, turns out that I cannot source the Weds wheel from BMP and Weds has stopped producing the Sa-10R in silver..looks like they are dead to me.

Dude, thanks for the pointer to APEX. Checked it out and they are not a fit for what I am looking for.

Raguvian, took a better look at Titan7...the T-R10 has real possibilities for me

I am also liking the Enkei RS05RR.

Thanks for your help!

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Have you looked into the Wedsport TC-105x as well? Good looking, lightweight, strong wheels in the same price range as Titan/Enkei Racing

myonlygti

Car(s)
gti mk7.5
Will, I was not aware that Wedssport had that wheel in a 5x112 fitment. Looks like a great wheel but it and the APEX look very similar to me and not exactly what I like.... Thanks for pointing this wheel out to me.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
tc-105x might be one of the lightest wheels I've seen on this platform in an 18". titan-7 ts-5 is close. Superspeed has similar patterns flow-formed but still very light compared to neuspeed.

Personally really like apex but will be a while until their nicer (imo) patterns and forged wheels are available.

rip steakface

Go Kart Newbie
So, turns out that I cannot source the Weds wheel from BMP and Weds has stopped producing the Sa-10R in silver..looks like they are dead to me.

Dude, thanks for the pointer to APEX. Checked it out and they are not a fit for what I am looking for.

Raguvian, took a better look at Titan7...the T-R10 has real possibilities for me

I am also liking the Enkei RS05RR.

Thanks for your help!
konig's freeform looks pretty similar to the SA-10R

Attachments

• 8cdc583dea56e4f954c5c535158b1599.jpg
    8cdc583dea56e4f954c5c535158b1599.jpg
    208.5 KB · Views: 81

Flying

Passed Driver's Ed
Will, I was not aware that Wedssport had that wheel in a 5x112 fitment. Looks like a great wheel but it and the APEX look very similar to me and not exactly what I like.... Thanks for pointing this wheel out to me.
I have a set in Matte Circuit Silver. 18x8.5 +45. Located in the Bay Area, not sure if you're willing to pay for shipping.

myonlygti

Car(s)
gti mk7.5
Rip - The +43 of the Konig would stick out more than I prefer.

Flying - $$ and pics? Any idea of the shipping cost to Boston?

turbojzrr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R
EEB38F45-ACD8-4439-AE9B-49CF1B13748B.jpeg
B9E7C1DC-96BF-428D-9A70-3C6D3C432220.jpeg

you can pickup these weds wheels with a pretty good deal from a shop in LA. As Will mentioned, the TC105x are the current flagship wheels from Weds. I was surprised how little it weighed and looks are quite distinct on a Golf.

myonlygti

Car(s)
gti mk7.5
Thanks for the pic and info. That's a nice looking wheel. 16.4lbs is impressive! Big price jump from the SA-10R... I see that they are ET43, I was hoping to not go lower that ET45 but we'll see.. At that $$ I was also looking at Enkei Racing, Oz HLT, and Titan7