GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weather tech / Gas pedal problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharpen

Passed Driver's Ed
My Weather tech floor liner stops my gas pedal about 40%...It is Very annoying!!!...Instead of cutting up my floor liners, would the WCT pedal spacer be a good option???

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Photo?

If you have the right floor liner for the Mk7 installed correctly, you shouldn't have any issues. I had them for nearly 2 years without fitment issues.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

eljay1

Passed Driver's Ed
Either it's not installed right or it wasn't made right, 'cause the WeatherTech floor liners in my 2018 GTI fit perfectly.

If the latter (it wasn't made right) and it can't be returned/replaced, I'd keep the liner and just trim away whatever is getting in the way.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Did you remove all the other carpets if that is what the instructions say to do?

zimmie2652

Ready to race!
Did you put the right one on the drivers side?

Or maybe you got two passenger sides shipped to you.

Sharpen

Passed Driver's Ed
Did you remove all the other carpets if that is what the instructions say to do?

Yes...But my OCD is so High that I have to make a liner out of carpet runners for my WT liner...Done this to all my vehicles in the past...I guess I will remove it in the morning and see if that helps.

vj123

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
19 & 16 GTI - sold
My Weather tech floor liner stops my gas pedal about 40%...It is Very annoying!!!...Instead of cutting up my floor liners, would the WCT pedal spacer be a good option???

A picture would help people to understand the issue in a better way.

Sharpen

Passed Driver's Ed
My liner I made is under the WT liner...The runner I used is only an 1/8th inch thick...Crazy something that thin is raising the floor mats enough to stop my pedal.

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
My liner I made is under the WT liner...The runner I used is only an 1/8th inch thick...Crazy something that thin is raising the floor mats enough to stop my pedal.

Best way to find out is remove it and reinstall the WT. Then go for a drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.