GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WaveTrac Review

Das_GTI2

Just got back from picking up my GTI and I have to say the attention I could have paid to the LSD was occupied by all the added sensory distractions of the new clutch. The added chatter during acceleration (there's a lot) and trying hard to break in the clutch without driving it in my usual spirited manner made it difficult for sure.

Nevertheless, during the latter half of my drive I really started to notice the LSD. The best way I can explain it is (at lower speeds anyway) is like driving one of those theme park go carts that are on rails. Additionally, the steering feels a bit heavier and the car feels so planted. With the two upgrades combined, it makes the car seem like it's begging to be pushed and that makes it frustrating that I can't right now.

Overall, the cost was $1,860 out the door for all the aforementioned work. With all that was involved and the breaks they gave me (apparently a proper alignment for our cars at VW is $300???) it wasn't too bad considering I was expecting to pay $1,600 and didn't realize there was going to be extra work needed.

For those of you interested, I'll fill in more details if I seem to get some posted interest in this thread.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Just got back from picking up my GTI and I have to say the attention I could have paid to the LSD was occupied by all the added sensory distractions of the new clutch. The added chatter during acceleration (there's a lot) and trying hard to break in the clutch without driving it in my usual spirited manner made it difficult for sure.

Nevertheless, during the latter half of my drive I really started to notice the LSD. The best way I can explain it is (at lower speeds anyway) is like driving one of those theme park go carts that are on rails. Additionally, the steering feels a bit heavier and the car feels so planted. With the two upgrades combined, it makes the car seem like it's begging to be pushed and that makes it frustrating that I can't right now.

Overall, the cost was $1,860 out the door for all the aforementioned work. With all that was involved and the breaks they gave me (apparently a proper alignment for our cars at VW is $300???) it wasn't too bad considering I was expecting to pay $1,600 and didn't realize there was going to be extra work needed.

For those of you interested, I'll fill in more details if I seem to get some posted interest in this thread.

I'm definitely interested! Thanks for the updates!