GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Water/Meth Injection kit for APR stage 2?

zakattack187

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a 17 GTI with APR stage 2 and FBO, would running a wmi either with or without jb4 be worth it for overall performance? I’m just looking for the next step forward with the car. Thanks In Advance!

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
I have a 17 GTI with APR stage 2 and FBO, would running a wmi either with or without jb4 be worth it for overall performance? I’m just looking for the next step forward with the car. Thanks In Advance!

Yup, this would take it up a notch for your current stage 2

Id control it with the JB4 and also stack at the same time the APR flash tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Morphine

Ready to race!
I ran the JB ontop of the Eurodyne st2, 93 tune for over a year at 50/50.

I would not do it again for a daily driver.

If you have significant heat-soak issues like doing multiple ¼ mile runs, waiting in line etc then it would be very good.

In city traffic if you have heat-soak you are not going anywhere anyhow and a good intercooler would do the trick once you get moving.

I would also not recommend trying to “supplement” your octane in this fashion as you are just asking for trouble one day.

It was a pain in the ass. I should have just saved my money and gone with a bigger turbo…but there were not many choices at the time.

Just my 2c.

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Great. What brand do you recommend! And what nozzle sizes should I use?

BMS kit and 500 for nozzle

But the person on top has a good point. For daily driving, meth might not be idea. It because very useful for very warm climate areas when pushing the car hard and demanding a fair amount of boost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zakattack187

Passed Driver's Ed
I ran the JB ontop of the Eurodyne st2, 93 tune for over a year at 50/50.

I would not do it again for a daily driver.

If you have significant heat-soak issues like doing multiple ¼ mile runs, waiting in line etc then it would be very good.

In city traffic if you have heat-soak you are not going anywhere anyhow and a good intercooler would do the trick once you get moving.

I would also not recommend trying to “supplement” your octane in this fashion as you are just asking for trouble one day.

It was a pain in the ass. I should have just saved my money and gone with a bigger turbo…but there were not many choices at the time.

Just my 2c.

Hmmm interesting POV.
Asking for trouble in which way? I’m pretty be and I don’t want to unwittingly ruin my engine.
What else can I do for my car other than turbo at stage 2 with FBO

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Your not supplementing octane unless your direct injecting it really, down in the throttle pipe it's more of a cooling agent than anything I have been running it over a year with no issues, I live where the summer heat is well over 110 almost every day in the summer and I bought my bms meth kit when I had my jb4 and it saved my butt in the summer here before I bought my intercooler. You don't need to spray much for the cooling benefit a cm5 will be fine. I daily my car and I have my settings low on my spray and it lasts me a while. 5 gallons of vp m1 has lasted over 6 months mixing at 50/50 by weight

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

zakattack187

Passed Driver's Ed
Your not supplementing octane unless your direct injecting it really, down in the throttle pipe it's more of a cooling agent than anything I have been running it over a year with no issues, I live where the summer heat is well over 110 almost every day in the summer and I bought my bms meth kit when I had my jb4 and it saved my butt in the summer here before I bought my intercooler. You don't need to spray much for the cooling benefit a cm5 will be fine. I daily my car and I have my settings low on my spray and it lasts me a while. 5 gallons of vp m1 has lasted over 6 months mixing at 50/50 by weight

That’s what I was understanding, if it’s not DI, then you run a small chance of engine blowing. That being said what was your performance increases or decreases after adding the wmi?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
That’s what I was understanding, if it’s not DI, then you run a small chance of engine blowing. That being said what was your performance increases or decreases after adding the wmi?
I can run back to back pulls all day long and I will have consistent iats, I have not had any performance decreases, or cons to running meth

local

Ready to race!
Car(s)
19R
Been spraying meth in my daily for a couple months now without a single problem.

You will only be spraying under WOT situations, so typical driving is unaffected. Meaning you will also only use the meth during WOT situations. It will last you quite a while if you're just driving to work and back with the occasional pull.

To avoid doing any damage simply use it as an addition to your tune. I would avoid tuning specifically for it, and more so use it as a way to cool your intake charge. This way if its ever not working its not like your tune is expecting it to be there & falling short.

Other than filling the reservoir when my dash lights up its set it and forget it

Last edited:

TroyI

Ready to race!

I think I have issues with heat-soak at the strip b/c of waiting in line. My first run is always my best b/c I am one of the first there, then I have to wait in line for like 20 minutes each run thereafter. How do you keep heat-soak at bay when at the strip? I'd feel kinda like I'd look dumb pushing my car while in line since there are MUCH faster cars out there and I'm just a little 4 banger. What do you do?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
Here is a log of my 6th or 7th pull, was making changes to my tune, ambient was around 106° this day around this time, my meth is a cm5 nozzle with cmgs progressive controller meth starts at 6psi and full spray at 12psi
https://datazap.me/u/gschultz05/log-1526320557?log=0&data=1-8

zakattack187

Passed Driver's Ed
Been spraying meth in my daily for a couple months now without a single problem.

You will only be spraying under WOT situations, so typical driving is unaffected. Meaning you will also only use the meth during WOT situations. It will last you quite a while if you're just driving to work and back with the occasional pull.

To avoid doing any damage simply use it as an addition to your tune. I would avoid tuning specifically for it, and more so use it as a way to cool your intake charge. This way if its ever not working its not like your tune is expecting it to be there & falling short.

Other than filling the reservoir when my dash lights up its set it and forget it

Did you run a jb4 Tune with it?

railroader

Autocross Newbie
I ran mine with jb4 aggressive map 6 with is20 and is38 before I went maestro
Did you run a jb4 Tune with it?