GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Walmart Pricing Error

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
I'd like to get your thoughts on this. I placed an order for an Elliptical machine on Walmarts website for $33. After placing the order I received a confirmation email staying that it was being processed. Fast forward 5 hours and I receive a canceled order email. I call them up and speak with a supervisor who informs me that Walmart reserves the right to cancel any order they please. I've been told that all orders have been canceled on items with pricing errors. I understand they made a mistake but it doesn't sit well with me that they're not honoring the price that was stated online. It's not my fault that they made a mistake. In a store if something is marked down incorrectly they would have to honor it. At least that's the way it worked in Connecticut.

What are your thoughts on this?

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
Per the supervisor I spoke with it was an internal system issue not a hack but who knows. Either way I feel as though they should honor it. The Elliptical was normally $400 marked down to $33. The order was placed online.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I mean, it was an honest mistake. I can't really blame them for not holding to it. I once ordered like 10 Miata cats because they were mistakenly like $10 on Amazon. I was going to sell them all on ebay :laugh: But they emailed me and said it wasn't happening, sorry for the mistake.

I feel like it would be cool of Walmart to give you a 10% off coupon or something for the mix up.

JhnR

Banned

TRUboost

Go Kart Champion
I worked for WM for a while and I can assure you they would rather piss you right the fuck off than lose $300+ on a item to presumably hundreds of people.

I did however catch a pricing mistake in store for Shell Rotella T-6 for $14.99 (instead of 24.99) for a gallon. I bought 5 of them and they honored it.

09vdubgti

Banned
Car(s)
mkV GTi
I'd like to get your thoughts on this. I placed an order for an Elliptical machine on Walmarts website for $33. After placing the order I received a confirmation email staying that it was being processed. Fast forward 5 hours and I receive a canceled order email. I call them up and speak with a supervisor who informs me that Walmart reserves the right to cancel any order they please. I've been told that all orders have been canceled on items with pricing errors. I understand they made a mistake but it doesn't sit well with me that they're not honoring the price that was stated online. It's not my fault that they made a mistake. In a store if something is marked down incorrectly they would have to honor it. At least that's the way it worked in Connecticut.

What are your thoughts on this?

This isn't the first time it has happened. Plenty of stores sometimes either get hacked or have an internal issue. Canceling the order is the norm.

reelknead1

Go Kart Champion
I'm honestly not even that mad that it got canceled. My GF actually placed the order and sent me a text that said she bought an Elliptical. I replied with WTF did you do that for. I calmed down after it was only 33 dollars. I just wish Walmart would honor their prices that's all. Good customer relations goes a long way with a lot of people.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Pretty much every online store has this same policy. The honest question is what you lose by having your obviously incorrect order canceled. Did you make other life altering plans centering around this purchase? Probably not.

Stubhub has a policy where they honor purchases due to the reselling nature of their business. Some guy bought baseball playoff tickets for $6, turns out they were fake and Stubhub got him comparable tickets for $6 because people use vacation time, make hotel reservations, get plane tickets, etc which often nonrefundable. Did you, in ordering a $33 machine you knew was a mistake, make similar plans that Walmart should be obligated to compensate you for?

Sent from my iPhone 5s - the world's greatest smartphone - so I am clearly better than you and whatever pitiful excuse for a communications device you use.