GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vwr spring install in CT/NY fair price

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Hi All, I've been getting quotes to install vwr springs in CT and the quotes with alignment are between $600 and 900, now I am reading that a lot of people are getting these installed for 300 with alignment. Has anyone done these and is looking to make some money on the side or can recommend a shop that does good work at a fair price?

Thanks

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
here is an update -
I decided to let technology work for me and I went to APR website and I sent a mass e-mail to all technicians within a 60 miles radius from me.

I got quotes between $300 and $800 for the same job.
I will definitely let you guys know who I decide to go with.

I was hoping to find someone in CT to do this but they are just too expensive I will have to go out of state.
Thank you

RubiksQu

Ready to race!

Keep us posted. I will soon order some VWR springs and have it align at my local dealership for 70$[emoji106]

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
How far are you in CT from NYC? I could help you out at some point maybe on a Saturday afternoon if you are not too far although I drive to my old stomping ground in W Hartford regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
How far are you in CT from NYC? I could help you out at some point maybe on a Saturday afternoon if you are not too far although I drive to my old stomping ground in W Hartford regularly.

I am probably 1.5 hours from NYC bro, I would feel awful having you come all the way up to help me unless i could compensate you some how. Also my car has DCC not sure how much complexity that adds.
I am actually about one hour from West Hartford. If you are going to West Hartford, I am on the way there pretty much a bit out of the way but not much...

I used to work near West Hartford (Bloomfield) a few years back

I also have a good alignment shop which is probably around $70 but I would use the dealer instead for that price :)

I think next I am going to call my service adviser and see if I can talk to her off the book and see if anyone would be willing to do this on the side :p

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
I am probably 1.5 hours from NYC bro, I would feel awful having you come all the way up to help me unless i could compensate you some how. Also my car has DCC not sure how much complexity that adds.

I also have a good alignment shop which is probably around $70 but I would use the dealer instead for that price :)

I think next I am going to call my service adviser and see if I can talk to her off the book and see if anyone would be willing to do this on the side :p

Yeah I understand, I would do it for fun lol. I have no experience with the DCC part but from what I see is just the matter of unplugging stuff.
Whatever you do make sure you remind whoever does it to disconnect the rear headlight leveling sensor if you have the LP package

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah I understand, I would do it for fun lol. I have no experience with the DCC part but from what I see is just the matter of unplugging stuff.
Whatever you do make sure you remind whoever does it to disconnect the rear headlight leveling sensor if you have the LP package

man sounds like you know your stuff!!! I would love to get someone qualified to do the job!! I do have LP package.
I also have a scooter that I like to take out and rip around for fun
I tuned the crap out of it and it goes about 70MPH
hahaha

if you really want to come over and do this together I am OK with it as long as I can give you some compensation for your time.

I can get the spring compressor tool from auto zone :p

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Nahh I would not take your money, I wouldn't be able to do it until beginning of May since I'm pretty busy the next few weekends but but 1.5 hours is nothing lol, do you have a Jack & Jack stands? I have spring compressors somewhere my buddies have most of my tools lol, if something cancels on a Saturday this month I'll let you know and help you out if you still need it.

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Sure.. Sounds good. I have jack, jack stands and impact gun... Only thing I am missing is a lift..

I'll keep on getting price though ��

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Sure.. Sounds good. I have jack, jack stands and impact gun... Only thing I am missing is a lift..

Cool I have a.Spreader tool and some other tools needed for the job, I'll keep you posted if I could do it sooner [emoji4]

Always remember that you get what you pay for.

The install should take about 4 hours on average. An alignment takes 1-1.5 hours. We would charge about $550-$600 for that entire job if you'd like to have us do it. We have an extensive amount of experience with this job, and we have some of the best mechanics and equipment. Our alignment machine is a Hunter Hawkeye Elite system.

Email us at sales@excelerateperformance.com if you'd like to get put into the appointment calendar or if you have any questions.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion

Hey Ital did you ever get this done if not let me know

Ital

Go Kart Newbie
Hey Ital did you ever get this done if not let me know

No Bro, my clutch started to slip so I switched my focus. I may not do this as this point. I do not want to put to much money into this car all at once. Already with clutch and stage 2 its about 4k

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
No Bro, my clutch started to slip so I switched my focus. I may not do this as this point. I do not want to put to much money into this car all at once. Already with clutch and stage 2 its about 4k

Holy crap dude, well let me know if you decide to do it. Good luck with the new clutch