GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Insurance - opinions please.

Judesman

Ready to race!
I have been notified of a massive increase in my Aviva car insurance so I am thinking of switching to VW Insurance. Does anyone with any experience of VW Insurance have any opinions please?

Nyanga

Ready to race!
Shop around.

Most insurance companies zap up all re-renewals and hope the punter just pays.

In many cases, they use "bots" to send out the re-renewal papers and the "bots" just add on 10% +++ on previous premiums.

It is very worthwhile getting alternative quotes. I am actually doing so myself at present. Furthermore, the new Mk VII Golf is 5 insurance levels below the Mk VI so there is no excuse by the ins companies to hike premiums up.

bob moodie GT

I got VW Insurance for the first year to ensure that if any damage to the the car happened, it would go back to a VW dealer for repair. The VW insurance is underwritten by Allianz. At the end of the first year the VW insurance went up by £200 and having been on Go Compare site I decided to go with Allianz. VW would not budge at all on any negotiations.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
VW lost me when they gave me the quote with my weeks free insurance when I picked up the car. They gave me a quote of £650 and I said ok thanks (as I was already insured for another 10months). The guy on the phone said "don't you want me to try for a better price for you?" and seemed shocked when I told him I expect the best price to start with.

I always shop around as the renewal premium 9/10 times will be more expensive tan elsewhere yet people just accept the renewal and pay the extra amount.

Judesman

Ready to race!
I tried to phone VW Insurance this morning but gave up after ten minutes hanging on the line and listening to deafening music.

Judesman

Ready to race!
I phoned VW Insurance again today to clarify a few points. I had to listen to music for 25 minutes before my call was answered. Simply not good enough.

bob moodie GT

I have just renewed with Allianz today, the price was £30 more this year than last year but with improved policy benefits in 7 areas. EXCELLENT to deal with, very professional and straight forward and no hanging around listening to music playing. tel 0344 209 0841