GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW golf GTD 2014

krisnakazawa

Car(s)
VW MK7 GTD 2014
Would like some help if possible here. I have a Golf MK7 GTD 2014 and have some sort of cooling issue it started with a red light on dash to check coolant level and was low and would run out quickly and light would come back on but now and again and I just topped it up. However now the resivour goes completely empty when running with the light on when opened after driving for a bit it would bubble back up. Additionally it has started overheating the engine but as soon as I open the reservoir cap it goes back to normal and used to be okay for weeks, but now it's got to the point it seems to overhead multiple times today. I have had it checked by a few places and one said it's all okay after they bled the coolant but would come on again after a few hours. And another said it's a water pump and belt and reading online and forums some say it's water pump and some head gasket or both. Would love any help I can get.

Heathy

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7 VW GTD
I'm having a similar issue, just losing coolant completely although my car doesn't seem to be overheating, I've also had the water pump done last year so waiting to get it looked at properly, just wondered if you found the cause to your issue yet?