GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Care Service Contract Transfer?

FrgMstr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 R 19 GTI 15 GTI
Bought a 2015 GTI last year, loved it so much, I bought an R and gave the GTI to my son.

2019 with 7K miles for $35K, in near perfect condition. Cleaning the car out, I found two contracts for VW Care service, one for 10 and 20K miles, and the other for 30, 40, and 50K miles service.

My question is do these purchased service contracts from VW "stay with the car/VIN?" Or will I need to purchase the service "again?"

Pic.
z3.jpg

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
They stay with the car/VIN. Go to a VW dealer and get everything transferred into your name. Take your new registration to prove you own the car. That's quite a find, since scheduled maintenance is expensive, especially if have DSG. You also want to get a copy of the VW maintenance schedule for your model year. I believe it's on VW's website. You probably want to ascertain if the car has been tuned so you don't get a rude awakening if you have a driveline problem.

Last edited:

FrgMstr

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
19 R 19 GTI 15 GTI
They stay with the car/VIN. Go to a dealer and get them transferred into your name. Take your new registration to prove you own the car.
I like the sound of that answer. It is due for service next month (only been titled for 11 months) and I will get those moved over to my name hopefully. Thanks for the response.

ssaylor

Passed Driver's Ed
It is a great value for DSG. I have VW Care and VW Care Plus on my 17. I get my last DSG service next year before it's gone.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Nope, no DSG. Specifically wanted a manual.
Still not a bad deal since they're already paid for. I bought 10/20/30, then when I was sure I was keeping the car I bought the 40/50. It's nice the paperwork was in the car and you found it, because they are not able to be cashed in when the car is sold. IIRC, the only exception is if the car is totaled. And of course the owner needs to prove it to VW. I'd call the dealer or VW first. Perhaps you can do it without making a trip to a dealer (scan?) due to the virus.