GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VW Areton ownership opinions

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie
I am in the market for another car for the family. My wife wants a more luxury oriented car. She is tired of driving around our 2011 Buick Enclave as she says it too big. I commute in a Chevy Bolt most of the week and now drive the GTI 1 or 2 days a week. Anyone own or have owned a Areton? I am thinking of a low mile 2021 or 22. And then probably will sell the Enclave.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I'm contemplating an Arteon as well. But, look for at least a 22 so you can get the Golf R (MK8) engine and transmission. Their pricing has dropped tremendously. You can find a used 22 SEL for around $32k even CPO.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I had a '21 SEL Premium briefly.
The slush box trans (and lack of hp) was the biggest downfall for that car, IMO. (even with the APR tune)
BUT they ended up fixing that in 2022+ by adding the Golf R engine & the DSG trans.

It's a SUPER sharp looking & rare to see car with nice tech and a huge back seat & cargo area. If we didn't have so many kids, I'd rock one again.

berserker6

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
There's a 2023 Arteon I drool over at a VW dealership nearby. The thing is gorgeous. Black with gray leather interior. I'm just not mature enough yet to own a car that nice. But I do like it

sloopercat

Go Kart Newbie
I looked briefly at the Arteon. The audio system is pretty bad until you go to the top trim. Looking at slightly used ones and the depreciation is curve is very steep. Looks like near 50% in two years. I wouldn’t pay $54K to get the top trim knowing it will depreciate at least $1000 per month.