GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VTT Final Production Unit Dyno 513WHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
People that daily their cars and want response in third gear at 2k, it happens more often than drag strip launches.

pieguy

Ready to race!
"every other hybrid"
"got the hybrid market beat"

These are not facts supported by any data. Claiming to have the best performing hybrid turbocharger in the world calls for supporting evidence.

He did post a lot of supporting data. His turbo has out-trapped almost every other except the DBV2, but the DBV2 I believe spools a bit later and costs significantly more (almost $3000 with no core). If somebody who had an EQT was willing to push it hard enough (full e85 and traps), we'd have an actual comparison, but haven't seen it yet.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
"every other hybrid"
"got the hybrid market beat"

These are not facts supported by any data. Claiming to have the best performing hybrid turbocharger in the world calls for supporting evidence.

There are other ways to market and sell a product other than discussion forums. Telling people not to discuss a product unless they intend to purchase it, on a discussion forum, is silly and counter to the point of the forum. VTT can purchase banner ads or market the product some other way that avoids needing to interact with people.

The same people in this thread are showing up in other threads talking about EQT, Littco, Tomioka, APR, etc. They manage to stay open. Vargas seems to have a bit of a volatile personality that sparks heated exchanges, just blaming the forum members seems unwarranted to me.

the sheep on here just don't seem to understand any of the finer points people are trying to get answers on. My guess is most people on here are blinded by two numbers...$2000 and 500whp.
They don't seem to realize alot of the claims made are not substantiated at all.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
God damn dudes... you can tell by the posts who has been around since the beginning of the VTT bullshit, and those who have just joined the party. It's as bad as going to church and seeing all the sheeple.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
He did post a lot of supporting data. His turbo has out-trapped almost every other except the DBV2, but the DBV2 I believe spools a bit later and costs significantly more (almost $3000 with no core). If somebody who had an EQT was willing to push it hard enough (full e85 and traps), we'd have an actual comparison, but haven't seen it yet.

the dvb2 spools late because it has a very very large turbine inducer/exducer.
also the dbv2 just recently made 540awhp on e85. 540awhp on a UM tune. I haven't seen this turbo make much power.

If you want a turbo that on 93 pump gas will make 420-460 whp then a vvt is the turbo for you. If you want a turbo that can make 450-500whp on 93 pump then the dvb2 is for you.

You say he has shared alot of data but most the data is useless to the majority of people with this platform looking at a turbo upgrade. 91 ACN gas on a JB4, big market??? NOPE. 110% custom tuned with big ass e85 fuel system, big market?? NOPE.

I asked from day one and other people are asking now as well, for a 93 octane, stk fuel system 3 bar tune dyno results, big market YUP. his answer, NOT INTERESTED. why? Because the end result will be very similiar to the other hybrids out there ( the ones with that "hybrid garbage" like muffler deletes). He tells us that this turbos is superior to "EVERYTHING" else out there. If you believe that then you ( anyone on here) are very gullible. Remember , he claimed it to spool quicker than everything else yet the EQT on pump gas outspools his E85.

Last edited:

Crackness1

Ready to race!
I asked from day one and other people are asking now as well, for a 93 octane, stk fuel system 3 bar tune dyno results, big market YUP. his answer, NOT INTERESTED. why? Because the end result will be very similiar to the other hybrids out there ( the ones with that "hybrid garbage" like muffler deletes). He tells us that this turbos is superior to "EVERYTHING" else out there. If you believe that then you ( anyone on here) are very gullible. Remember , he claimed it to spool quicker than everything else yet the EQT on pump gas outspools his E85.

I can appreciate your passion and dedication towards wanting people to buy anything but this turbo, but that still doesn't explain why.

I would think most reasonable people don't take the claims at face value and go with what's posted. He's listed the mods - if my plan was to go through with the same mods, I should be able to use the information as what I can expect to get from this turbo setup. Otherwise, I'll wait for those more adventurous people to post what they get and see what the setup does with different mods that might match mine more closely.

I'd assume that's the reason for pre-order pricing being lower, so that some people take a chance and in turn provide results that might steer others towards (or maybe in a different direction if it's not right for them). I get that some people will believe any claim, and those people might get swindled if he's being misleading, but I don't think that's most people here.

In the same vein, someone might think you guys are so hateful towards this turbo because you're jealous or wanting to steer someone into buying your own competing product (not saying that's the case).

I'm not in the market for a turbo upgrade, but I do like seeing what my gti might be capable of. No need for all the vitriol.

pieguy

Ready to race!
the dvb2 spools late because it has a very very large turbine inducer/exducer.
also the dbv2 just recently made 540awhp on e85. 540awhp on a UM tune. I haven't seen this turbo make much power.

If you want a turbo that on 93 pump gas will make 420-460 whp then a vvt is the turbo for you. If you want a turbo that can make 450-500whp on 93 pump then the dvb2 is for you.

You say he has shared alot of data but most the data is useless to the majority of people with this platform looking at a turbo upgrade. 91 ACN gas on a JB4, big market??? NOPE. 110% custom tuned with big ass e85 fuel system, big market?? NOPE.

Okay, if you're going to put up a bunch of information on turbo capabilities, you have to post them without bias. You didn't mention that the DBV2 from Four Season was on a built motor, which is why it could push to 540whp/wtq. Jon also claims that dyno reads a bit higher than other mustang dynos.

VTT is located in California. Nobody is going to make a trip to a 93AKI state just to show 91 vs 93. If you care about a 91 tune car, he can drain the tank go 91, and redyno, but it'll be a waste of time since the gains will be shitty cause 91 is shitty. Seems pretty obvious that the car will make similar gains to the EQT on 93, if not better with a custom housing, and at the exact same price range.

If you also look at the logs of the EQT vs VTT, they spool almost exactly the same on pump.

I don't know if his turbo is absolutely superior nor do i necessarily care cause my Boss 600 is probably capable of out-trapping them all speed wise, but nobody has posted any substantial information on an EQT other than sky high dyno readings off a dynojet. You just don't scrutinize Ed cause he talks nicely. Nobody has even put up a half decent trap time/speed with an EQT yet so the comparisons between the two turbos are a 10.9sec/126mph trap vs a 540 bajillion whp dyno on e40. Honestly, the trap time is a lot more impressive then an unsubstantiated dyno.

Last edited:

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
I can appreciate your passion and dedication towards wanting people to buy anything but this turbo, but that still doesn't explain why.

I would think most reasonable people don't take the claims at face value and go with what's posted. He's listed the mods - if my plan was to go through with the same mods, I should be able to use the information as what I can expect to get from this turbo setup. Otherwise, I'll wait for those more adventurous people to post what they get and see what the setup does with different mods that might match mine more closely.

I'd assume that's the reason for pre-order pricing being lower, so that some people take a chance and in turn provide results that might steer others towards (or maybe in a different direction if it's not right for them). I get that some people will believe any claim, and those people might get swindled if he's being misleading, but I don't think that's most people here.

In the same vein, someone might think you guys are so hateful towards this turbo because you're jealous or wanting to steer someone into buying your own competing product (not saying that's the case).

I'm not in the market for a turbo upgrade, but I do like seeing what my gti might be capable of. No need for all the vitriol.

i can guarantee you that the fact that i have a garrett gtx2867r gen 2 turbo does not make me jealous in anyway, shape or form, to wanting a chinese no name journal bearing turbo. I also have ZERO desire to buy the EQT turbo.
I am just trying to get the facts out and at the same time i enjoy getting into it with people like the OP of this thread

pieguy

Ready to race!
i can guarantee you that the fact that i have a garrett gtx2867r gen 2 turbo does not make me jealous in anyway, shape or form, to wanting a chinese no name journal bearing turbo. I also have ZERO desire to buy the EQT turbo.
I am just trying to get the facts out and at the same time i enjoy getting into it with people like the OP of this thread

You also seem to have an extremely unnecessary aggressive approach which isn't needed on this forum. Just cause you're behind a keyboard and somebody isn't nice, doesn't mean you should work up to almost getting banned.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Here is my opinion on this.

VTT is being marketed by the owner as an all out bolt on race turbo. He's even made comments that allude to it not being a great daily driver turbo.

Street manners are nonexistent, anything more than 1/4 throttle, and its spinning the tires, and making traction control work over time......

It's obvious to me that the intent of this turbo was not to compete with things like the EQT (though by pricing the way it is, people will compare them)

I think it's for these reasons that Vargas has focused so heavily on the more fully modified cars. It's the primary market he's going for.

I'm 100% positive the VTT turbo will flow more and make more power than EQT, but not everybody wants that. I would say most people don't want that. Most want good street manners and the ability to be much faster.

I think more people would be happy daily driving an 11 second car compared to a 10 second car.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
Okay, if you're going to put up a bunch of information on turbo capabilities, you have to post them without bias. You didn't mention that the DBV2 from Four Season was on a built motor, which is why it could push to 540whp/wtq. Jon also claims that dyno reads a bit higher than other mustang dynos.

VTT is located in California. Nobody is going to make a trip to a 93AKI state just to show 91 vs 93. If you care about a 91 tune car, he can drain the tank go 91, and redyno, but it'll be a waste of time since the gains will be shitty cause 91 is shitty. Seems pretty obvious that the car will make similar gains to the EQT on 93, if not better with a custom housing, and at the exact same price range.

If you also look at the logs of the EQT vs VTT, they spool almost exactly the same on pump.

I don't know if his turbo is absolutely superior nor do i necessarily care cause my Boss 600 is probably capable of out-trapping them all speed wise, but nobody has posted any substantial information on an EQT other than sky high dyno readings off a dynojet. You just don't scrutinize Ed cause he talks nicely.

you are right, I do not scrutinize the Ed because he never came on here making outlandish claims. The OP did and go called out and replied in his typical arrogant fashion.

as for your 91 vs 93 comment. answer me this please, how does say, GIAC, offer any other tune other than a 91ACN tune?

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R

VTT is being marketed by the owner as an all out bolt on race turbo. He's even made comments that allude to it not being a great daily driver turbo.

It's obvious to me that the intent of this turbo was not to compete with things like the EQT (though by pricing the way it is, people will compare them)

I think it's for these reasons that Vargas has focused so heavily on the more fully modified cars. It's the primary market he's going for.

I'm 100% positive the VTT turbo will flow more and make more power than EQT, but not everybody wants that. I would say most people don't want that. Most want good street manners and the ability to be much faster.

I think more people would be happy daily driving an 11 second car compared to a 10 second car.

what data do you have to prove the VTT will make more power?

pieguy

Ready to race!

I don't think that's his intention, which just shows how badly things got misconstrued with all the unnecessary drama. Quick spooling turbos like the EQT, Littco 450 and VTT are great for daily driving because they have a usable curve on a daily basis. Whereas something like my Boss gets used 10% of the time because full spool is at 4400rpm.

He just wanted to show how quick the thing can be if you mash the gas by giving examples of loss of traction.

A turbo like the EFR is a great daily driving turbo that can push 10 seconds. It spools quickly and has enough output to keep up with anything short of the big boy Iroz turbos. Think that's the goal of VTT, but at a lower price point.

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R
You also seem to have an extremely unnecessary aggressive approach which isn't needed on this forum. Just cause you're behind a keyboard and somebody isn't nice, doesn't mean you should work up to almost getting banned.

i speak my mind. Not gonna sugar coat anything. I also communciate with people in the manner that they are deserving of.

uberpolka

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI
what data do you have to prove the VTT will make more power?

Zero

Just assumptions based on design choices and how it's being marketed

Status
Not open for further replies.