GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VCDS coding for aftermarket amps?

calico031

I heard one could use VCDS to change the output of the head unit from speaker level to line level RCA. Does anyone know if this line level is a differential balanced signal or is it a traditional RCA output with signal and ground. My guess is that it would be balanced but would like confirmation before I rip my car apart. Also, is there any difference between the speaker and line level besides signal strength? ie. is the line level flatter or avoid bass roll off? Currently still in the planning stage for my system and this will help me figure out how I should best integrate the gear I already have.

VolkNut

I would like to know also, I had found a forum post with an explanation of the different codes available but can't find where it was. The MK7 can be coded for the base audio, Fender, Dynaudio, ect..

Q400Pylot

My new route is to now run a dedicated Processor to deal with this disaster. Short of going with an aftermarket head unit I'm not going to get the level of quality that I want out of my setup. I'm most likely going with Rockford's 360 previous to that I've used an MS8 in my other cars.