GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

V2.0.x Software now available for the MK7 GTI / A3 Platform 2.0T

LarryLaptimes

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI SE
I have had my APR Stage 1 low torque(91) tune for about11k km now and it's exceeded my expectations. I'm at 57k km now and everything is still running great without issues. My clutch is still holding up just fine but I am very mindful about not abusing it. No regrets here.

Thanks for the info!

Loopy

Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
This may be a dumb question but what percentage of people have issues with APR Tunes? I’m interested in the stage 1 low torque tune. I don’t plan on doing any additional mods to my car other than my exhaust and I don’t care about having a Cobb AP. I just want to flash and be done with it.
I literally have an authorized APR dealer down the street from me which I figured would make it pretty easy. That being said is the reliability pretty good with a stage 1 tune? I’ve never flashed a car before. I’m apprehensive about essentially giving up 5 years worth of warranty coverage and I’m not interested in the APR+ tune.
You are apprehensive about giving up your 5 year power train warranty, don’t plan on future mods beyond a cat back AND you have an APR dealer down the road? Then go for APR+ and have peace of mind. Personally I feel it’s money well spent.

Evil Minion

Ready to race!
This may be a dumb question but what percentage of people have issues with APR Tunes? I’m interested in the stage 1 low torque tune. I don’t plan on doing any additional mods to my car other than my exhaust and I don’t care about having a Cobb AP. I just want to flash and be done with it.
I literally have an authorized APR dealer down the street from me which I figured would make it pretty easy. That being said is the reliability pretty good with a stage 1 tune? I’ve never flashed a car before. I’m apprehensive about essentially giving up 5 years worth of warranty coverage and I’m not interested in the APR+ tune.

I went stage 1 around 60k miles. I'm now a little over 132k and have had zero issues (fingers crossed it continues that way for another 70k miles and more!)