GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Using car ramps and a engine support bar?

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
Is there any reason why this would not be doable? I will be installing the 034 Motorsports motor mounts and the HPA dogbone... for the dogbone install I will need the car on ramps obviously but I want the motor to stay in place when the stock dogbone torque arm is removed.. will the motor still shift even w/the engine support bar used?

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Yes, it will shift, you could get around this by using ratcheting straps to hold the engine in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
I installed my dogbone insert with the front suspension unloaded. As long as you don't push it yourself the engine won't shift that way.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
I installed my dogbone insert with the front suspension unloaded. As long as you don't push it yourself the engine won't shift that way.

When I installed the 034 MS insert I was on ramps and got lucky the motor didn't shift at all, I suspect because the torque arm was still installed however... I have access to a lift I will probably just do the install there.

Thanks BxGTI and Melted!

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
Is there any reason why this would not be doable? I will be installing the 034 Motorsports motor mounts and the HPA dogbone... for the dogbone install I will need the car on ramps obviously but I want the motor to stay in place when the stock dogbone torque arm is removed.. will the motor still shift even w/the engine support bar used?

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=386569&postcount=29

That is my experience installing the insert with ramps. Putting it in N at the top and setting the ebrake before putting it into P takes tension off the transmission and reduces the chance the torque arm will shift when you remove the bolt. I had zero shift when I installed mine.

KawaZukiVdub

Go Kart Newbie
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=386569&postcount=29

That is my experience installing the insert with ramps. Putting it in N at the top and setting the ebrake before putting it into P takes tension off the transmission and reduces the chance the torque arm will shift when you remove the bolt. I had zero shift when I installed mine.

I should have mentioned that I am manual but that should not matter right? Just apply the parking brake and leave it in N?