GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

(USA) 2019 R (DSG) going stock to APR stage 1 to stage 2 all in 1 month, questions?

thatgolfrguy

TLDR: Currently stock, getting APR stage 1 in 2 weeks then APR stage 2 2 weeks later. I am going to keep notes as well as gather 0-60 mph and 20-80 mph times at each step. What else would you guys like to take notes about at each step?

So, like the title says, I am currently stock and going to get the APR Stage 1 ECU flash done in two weeks. I will then have two weeks to drive the car before getting the APR Stage 2 software flashed along with Intercooler, downpipe, and intake. This short time frame gives me a unique chance to closely compare the changes as I upgrade.

Along the way, I am going to get 0-60 mph and 20-80 mph times (With Draggy) and also take notes about how to car feels between upgrades.

MY QUESTION IS: What else do you guys want me to take notes about? What other information should I collect? Ill do my best to get as much info as I can. At the end, I plan on doing a writeup on here about the differences and post the data I collect.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
TLDR: Currently stock, getting APR stage 1 in 2 weeks then APR stage 2 2 weeks later. I am going to keep notes as well as gather 0-60 mph and 20-80 mph times at each step. What else would you guys like to take notes about at each step?

So, like the title says, I am currently stock and going to get the APR Stage 1 ECU flash done in two weeks. I will then have two weeks to drive the car before getting the APR Stage 2 software flashed along with Intercooler, downpipe, and intake. This short time frame gives me a unique chance to closely compare the changes as I upgrade.

Along the way, I am going to get 0-60 mph and 20-80 mph times (With Draggy) and also take notes about how to car feels between upgrades.

MY QUESTION IS: What else do you guys want me to take notes about? What other information should I collect? Ill do my best to get as much info as I can. At the end, I plan on doing a writeup on here about the differences and post the data I collect.

If you can get the car dynoed after each stage that would be nice. Good idea to do a baseline stock first.

mdesjard

I also have a 2019 Golf R and already did the stage 1 ECU and TCU tunes. I am thinking of going stage 2 as well. Someone told me stage 2 is more useful driving on a highway and not that much quicker zooming around town as stage 1. I love the car. I want to know anyone's opinion on going stage 1 to stage 2 if it worth it, and is it that much faster around town and 0-60?

thatgolfrguy

I also have a 2019 Golf R and already did the stage 1 ECU and TCU tunes. I am thinking of going stage 2 as well. Someone told me stage 2 is more useful driving on a highway and not that much quicker zooming around town as stage 1. I love the car. I want to know anyone's opinion on going stage 1 to stage 2 if it worth it, and is it that much faster around town and 0-60?

I am going stage 1 tomorrow and stage 2 in a week and a half.

R Golf

Go Kart Champion

Nice post.

Very interested in this. Most are subjective comparisons. Will be really nice to see back to back on same car.

mdesjard

I also want to know about how much louder the car is with the downpipe. Don't really want too much more noise than the stage 1 tune.

new R Fan 2018

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
Sweet! Anxious to hear about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 R DSG
Trap speeds, please and thank you.

new R Fan 2018

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7.5 R
Trap speeds from tonight's Friday night drags.

APR Stage 1, CTS intercooler, Sunoco 260 GT.

114.03, 114.01, and 113.89

12.005, 12.027, and 12.090

Should have gone Stage 2 from the start.

Damn?!! Yep. Stg. 2 and you’re in the low/mid 11’s[emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk