GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Urgent help from a Clubsport (or S) would be appreciated!

GE90

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi

Any chance someone with a Clubsport or Clubsport S could measure the distance between the exhaust tailpipes for me please?

I need to be accurate, and straight line, from the same point on both please. A photo would be great if possible.

Sorry, but this is urgent if anyone can help me!

I'll update with details of why I am asking shortly!

Thanks very much.

GE90

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, thanks.

Some background! Unsure whether the increase in sound of the Clubsport S rear muffler was for me, but liking the increase in tip size, I ordered up a 7.5 rear muffler, and at the same time treated myself to the Clubsport rear diffuser.

Just tried to fit it all, and you guessed it, the facelift 7.5 tips are wider apart! By about 40mm approximately. Cannot believe it. So will try to get an exhaust place to cut a section of pipe out each side and weld, which seems possible to me.

Gutted, but need to accept when trying a mod for the first time!

Any measurements apart would still be good. Perhaps from small drain hole in the bottom of each tip?

Thanks

Last edited:
Clubsport and Clubsport S: Same distance as on any GTI. If it was
any different, how could the CSS muffler fit so nicely onto a GTI?

Honestly, you should have gone for either CS or CSS. It isn't too
loud. Being the very first one to try means you're taking a risk.

Instead of welding on you new muffler I'd check if the 7.5 rear
(pseudo) 'diffusor' inset fits.

Last edited:

GE90

Passed Driver's Ed
Clubsport and Clubsport S: Same distance as on any GTI. If it was
any different, how could the CSS muffler fit so nicely onto a GTI?

Honestly, you should have gone for either CS or CSS. It isn't too
loud. Being the very first one to try means you're taking a risk.

Instead of welding on you new muffler I'd check if the 7.5 rear
(pseudo) 'diffusor' inset fits.

Yes, it is only the facelift 7.5 that is different for some reason! They have gone wider. When comparing the pre-facelift with facelift GTI, you can see where the pipes exiting the box are slightly longer - the box is the same width.

Given that I cannot return the muffler (VW special order), I think I need to persevere, so dimension would be good.

GE90

Passed Driver's Ed
Right guys, finally sorted!

I now have my 7.5 rear muffler and Clubsport diffuser on my pre-facelift GTI. To make the muffler fit, I needed to have the tips moved closer together, but my welder did a really neat and accurate job! Although not clear from the photo, the tips are perfect in the cut outs.

I am very pleased with the look. Side skirts next? Might go body colour - Carbon Grey....

BEFORE

AFTER

GTISwede

Ready to race!
Mk7R Estate, do you know if it's possible to do a cutout in the clubsport diffuser for the factory fitted hitch? I don't want it to look like shit tho.

Looks nice. Any difference sound-wise?

Rear spoiler? Clubsport? You know about the difficulties (swap entire hatch)?

GE90

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah, not really an option for me! Also I'm not looking to do a CS copy, just a few OEM cosmetic tweaks really.

As for sound, quieter if anything! Still undecided about a CSS version!