GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

United Motorsports Gen5 Haldex for MQB Vehicles

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I agree. I was using a random parking lot in the middle of the day. I did a couple launches and I wanted to skip out before the coppers showed up. Take it for what it's worth.

In the little bit of twisties, it felt much better. I need to take it on my usual route around town and see if I notice a difference on places I know the car tends to push on.

Good for you for finding a place to launch! I've got a few 4-way stops in a neighborhood with 6 lane wide roads I can hit once and a while but then I'm gone. Make a little bit of noise and move that fast and you're asking for trouble.

That's what I'm excited about, the feel in the canyons or pushing it on a track. Even with a rear sway bar I still feel like the car pushes too much, probably because it's loading up the front wheels so much.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
https://youtu.be/4SR_QY5vPs0
My launch video. 415whp and zero spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just so it's clear, are you saying this is a launch video with the UM Haldex software? If so, what launch RPM, if you have adjustable launch boost what PSI? Tire model and size?

I mean that's a solid launch I just want more info.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Just so it's clear, are you saying this is a launch video with the UM Haldex software? If so, what launch RPM, if you have adjustable launch boost what PSI? Tire model and size?

I mean that's a solid launch I just want more info.

With UM Haldex software. ED Maestro and TCU. Launch RPM is 4,000 rpm. I need to log to see boost at launch. Tires are stock size cheap Chinese brand.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
With UM Haldex software. ED Maestro and TCU. Launch RPM is 4,000 rpm. I need to log to see boost at launch. Tires are stock size cheap Chinese brand.

Thanks for the info. If you do log it the launch boost pressure would be interesting.

So you're a big turbo tune then with 415whp? What turbo?

Edit: Just re-read your sig. Don't know about that stage 2 415whp number, that's hybrid territory.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the info. If you do log it the launch boost pressure would be interesting.

So you're a big turbo tune then with 415whp? What turbo?

Edit: Just re-read your sig. Don't know about that stage 2 415whp number, that's hybrid territory.

I need to update my signature. I have the Tomioka IHX475. 415whp on pump 94.

RoyB2

Ready to race!

I'd be curious your launch psi. Mine is set to 10psi. Might be too much. Also the video is hard to tell if wheels are spinning.

For reference, here is my second video at full speed https://youtu.be/eWEqzdjT9pM it almost looks like zero wheel spin. You really need a high frame rate at the wheels to know for sure.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I’d like a tiny bit of wheelspin. I really need a 5k launch rpm.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I’d like a tiny bit of wheelspin. I really need a 5k launch rpm.

That's what I was thinking about wheel spin, more launch boost to spool more or a higher rpm launch to get higher into the mid-range. 5k is a lot though, that's axle snapping territory.

Do you have a Dyno graph for your car?

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
I’m Eurodyne Maestro so I don’t think launch boost is adjustable like the UM adjustable file.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I’m Eurodyne Maestro so I don’t think launch boost is adjustable like the UM adjustable file.

Log it if you can. It may be at a good level but your grip is pretty nice either way. I'd either get wheel hop or the early upshift before new tires on a 4k launch. Pretty solid now but I have some wheel spin up front.

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk